Associate Producer,CNN EspañolLocation Atlanta, Georgia
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179684BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
An Associate Producer for CNN Español, works closely with line producers to assist them in putting together shows, helping to execute them from inception to completion.
- Associate Producer duties include, but are not limited to: writing scripts; coordinating with the international, national and affiliates desks to gather relevant video, sound and pkgs; working closely with graphics artists for other elements to enhance stories for shows.
- An AP is expected to assist supervisors and producers in the control room and should be able to handle live/breaking news coverage.
- He or she would produce live shots, coordinating logistics with correspondents, field producers, bureaus and freelancers.
- Exceptional communication skills are necessary.
- Assist producers with their editorial needs by helping gather information, video and graphics.
- In the process, APs will serve as a key individual who will coordinate closely with Media Supervisor at Media Operations.
- The AP will also have some writing responsibilities.
- 2+ years previous newsroom experience required
- Strong communication skills required
- Spanish language fluency, English language proficiency, both written and verbal is required
- Ability to edit and turn around video in a fast-paced environment
- News and business writing in Spanish with an emphasis on Latin American news
- Control room experience preferred
- College degree in journalism, or equivalent work experience
- The preferred candidate is available to work any shift including overnights
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS