Associate Producer, Digital Programming - CNNLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177812BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Can you craft a notification or headline to make any story interesting? Do you have a thirst for news and knack for making it understandable to regular folks? Do you have a passion for finding the perfect visuals to go with a story? Are you cool under pressure and creative? Are you all about making news as engaging an experience as the rest of our digital lives? Then you should join the CNN Digital Programming Team. We take the extraordinary content of CNN -- from text to videos to interactives -- curate and organize it for CNN's own digital platforms, from CNN.com on phones and desktop to the CNN app and other platforms.
- Programming associate producers are obsessed with finding that perfect alert, headline, image and curation of stories.
- They worry about homepages, article pages and section fronts.
- They take initiative to recognize programming needs, and they work with more senior team members -- producers, editors and senior editors -- to make sure the needs are met.
- They will focus on CNN's hot-seat programming duties, including writing the audience-friendly notifications we send via @cnnbrk, email, browser and app.
- This position will require a high degree of flexibility with hours, and a willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Programming associate producers are seen internally as go-to people for how to get compelling and essential journalism seen and shared.
- To that end, they think like readers/swipers/watchers/listeners and help connect disparate digital dots to the benefit of global audiences second-by-second, minute-by-minute.
- They are addicted to audience analytics and A/B testing and work to ensure CNN is meeting its revenue goals.
- Digital associate producers are thoughtful and creative planners, and ace collaborators, working with video and photo teams, social teams, the global digital news desk, vertical teams and beyond.
- They are excellent givers of feedback, and they participate in post-mortems and other conversations about sharpening our programming around key projects.
- You may contribute to the conception and planning of programming for short- and medium-term projects.
- You help execute those projects, watching a wide range of audience data closely, optimizing content as needed.
- They have a knowledge of digital content in many forms -- articles, videos, galleries, social content, interactives, podcasts, etc. -- across the entire portfolio and create compelling digital packages for distribution on a wide range of platforms.
- They suggest ideas and/or execute programming strategies that contribute to the life of content, from publication through ongoing refreshes and updates.
- Typically, 2 or more years of related experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to Generate and pitch ideas.
- The ability to work quickly under pressure and collaborate closely with others is essential.
- This role will be focused on nights and weekends.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS