Content Producer for CNN Newsource Newsgathering (Temporary)Location Atlanta, Georgia
Position Type: TemporaryJob ID 178144BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Newsource Newsgathering Content Producer facilitates and curates the acquisition of top and trending stories daily for both CNN platforms and CNN partners, mastering 3 core job components - content awareness and value, highly maintained relationships, and local news marketplace business prowess.
- The Content Producer surfaces the best content for broadcast and digital by maintaining regular communication with affiliates via traditional and non-traditional means
- The ironclad relationships established by Content Producers pays vital dividends in ease of access to affiliate content, especially in breaking news
- Growing and maintaining relationships is a critical component of the value a Content Producer brings to both CNN and its affiliate partners
- In addition, the content producer produces regional content for distribution via Bitcentral for affiliate use, and ensures that all content contains accurate editorial information for live, tape and archive purposes
- The Content Producer maintains a dual goal - satisfying the changing needs of both CNN platforms and CNN partner affiliates, ensuring all editorial content needs are being met in a timely manner for consideration of network coverage across all platforms including but not limited to CNN, HLN, Digital and the Documentary Unit
- The content producer is a journalist with a business mindset who recognizes the affiliate landscape calls for news gatherers to have an understanding of the changing needs of the affiliate business in addition to being a solid journalist
- The Content Producer recognizes that the daily Newsgathering of affiliate content is a balancing act between the journalistic needs and the changing needs of the business
- The Content Producer develops and maintains solid business partnerships with Newsource Sales Representatives to help collaborate on a solid affiliate relationship
- The Content Producer should have a working knowledge of major group deals and station contracts as it pertains to Newsgathering in order to help maintain a healthy affiliate relationship
- BA/BS in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications or related discipline, preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in news environment and prior newsroom experience
- Strong general news judgment and affiliate newsgathering experience
- Strong editorial decision-making regarding affiliate content on a regional and national scale
- Knowledge of Newsource distribution platform BitCentral
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to make quick strategic decisions in a high-pressure newsroom
- Good team player and with strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to perform Newsgathering in social media outlets, desirable
- Affiliate experience is a plus!
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS