Data Architect - Turner SportsLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177443BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
45 years ago we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at WarnerMedia, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The Data Architect will be passionate about data as a first-class citizen to empower and enable data-driven business decisions. The Data Architect will lead our full-stack data architecture strategy and implementation, including data modeling, data governance, warehouse aggregation, and BI tooling for Turner Sports. They will drive our modernization efforts to ensure our data flows, processing, and reporting are accurate and insightful. They will work closely with senior leadership, research, marketing, product management, architects, and developers to design, build, and deploy data warehouse solutions and reporting tools that meet the growing analytical needs of our organization.
- Gain an understanding of brand and enterprise data warehouse/reporting requirements that will inform the data architecture and modeling approach.
- Employ these learnings to construct appropriate ETL processes, database queries, and data/permission models that support data aggregation and reporting on actionable insights
- Collaborate closely with internal and matrixed departments, including but not limited to Operations, Technology, PMO, Data Strategy/Insights, Customer Service, Enterprise Data Systems, and Marketing to design, build, and deploy data warehouse solutions and reporting tools
- Maintain top-level knowledge of industry trends and best practices in the Analytics/Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse space, then identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, quality, security, scalability, and performance
- Use data to discover tasks that can be automated and find hidden patterns in data that can be used to address ad-hoc queries or urgent data ingestion/reporting requests
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements that optimize data delivery to stakeholders, using the foundational elements of the data warehouse, BI tool, and other 'big data' technologies
- Other behaviors the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Project Management
- Organizational Skills
- Oral / Written Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Statistics, Engineering, Business Administration or similar field of study
- 5+ years in digital analytics, engineering, marketing research, consumer insights, or business consulting roles
- 5+ years focusing on digital data analytics and data mining
- 3+ years of experience with cloud data technologies including Snowflake, AWS, Apache Airflow
- Passion for working with data and deriving insights to answer business questions that drive actions and decision-making
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with business intelligence, dashboard and data visualization tools such as Tableau and Looker as both a super-user and developer.
- Deep understanding of API connectivity and data streaming architecture
- Comfort level with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Master's degree in Analytics, Statistics, Engineering, Information Systems or similar field of study preferred
- Deep understanding of digital and video analytics platforms, methodologies, measurements and technical tagging structure (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Conviva)
- Experience with R or Python highly desirable.
- Strong background with mobile app analytics platforms including data aggregators, campaign & attribution, deep linking, and engagement (Kochava, AppsFlyer, Branch, mParticle, Segment, Urban Airship)
- Understanding of Digital Ad Tech platforms
- Understanding of social media analytic toolsets not required but a plus
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS