Data Editor, CNN HealthLocation Atlanta, Georgia | Los Angeles, California | Washington, DC | New York, New York
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 178550BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Data Editor, CNN Health The person in this role will lead CNN Health's data-driven storytelling across all CNN platforms. You will conceptualize, research and execute health-related data projects, stories and TV/Digital visual products. You have a keen understanding of where to dig for data, and how to present it online and on TV. You have a strong understanding of what will capture our audience's attention and how best to present a data-driven story. You are well-versed in records requests and research. The purpose of the position is to break news, suss out patterns and identify trends that are hiding in plain sight. Our goal is to find innovative, high-impact approaches to data that create the foundation for stories on TV and online.
**This is one position which can be located in NY, DC, LA or Atlanta**
The editor in this role will have several key missions:
- Report and write data-driven stories that help us understand what's happening now, what's happening next, and the people and populations impacted by what the data reveal.
- Shape our editorial data efforts in the health and medical space. What should we be doing? What should we stop doing? Do our ideas and our products reflect best practices, and how can we improve?
- Guide our beat reporters to take advantage of what they're learning. Coach them on numbers-based beat reporting and industry standards around that. Help synthesize large amounts of data (such as coronavirus dashboards) and/or ensure we have the right tools in-house to do so.
- Partner with the TV and digital design teams to think through engaging visualization of our data-based reporting.
- Shift our culture to move away from text-only reporting to journalism that tells stories through text, numbers, design and other creative approaches.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years’ experience in a data-driven editorial role at a traditional or digital native news organization
- Fluency in database analysis and management
- Have a deep understanding of statistics and data visualizations principles
- Sound editorial judgment; excellent writing and visual communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment making independent decisions
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS