Digital Video Producer, CNN EspañolLocation Atlanta, Georgia
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179705BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Video Producers coordinate the effective placement of video and shows for all CNN Espanol Digital platforms. Producers will work with APs and senior staff to ensure the timely and effective placement of video and work with teams in different cities in Latin America and the US. This position is also responsible for writing headlines, brief summaries, and contributing to the program strategy. The Video Producers gather content, create collections, manage metadata input and video publishing within CMS, edit clips in Adobe Premiere as needed, forward RACI and Legal clearance issues to Senior staff, manage live feeds as needed, re-write clip descriptions as needed, while adhering to CNN Standards and Practices and Legal guidance.
- Create, develop, program and maintain digital content
- Responsible for idea generation
- Determines and maintains the "creative vision" of assigned content and determines and implements technical designs
- May lead a production team in the creative development and technical implementation of smaller low-risk content
- Accountable for the "life" of assigned content, from "release" through ongoing "refreshes" and "updates"
- Writes and maintains content specifications
- Oversees editing of final product
- Manages assigned production resources and assets
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities
- Works closely with other departments to maximize content revenue
***Must be able to work any shift including nights and weekends as this role supports a 24/7 business***
- 3 years' of experience working in a news production environment.
- Fully bilingual - spoken and written - Spanish and English
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, production, new media or related field. Equivalent work experience in web design, journalism, and/or business may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Excellent communication skills with solid news judgment and strong headline-writing skills.
- Positive attitude who is eager, motivated, self-starter, energetic who conveys a spirit of teamwork through collaboration.
- Flexibility to deal with rapid changes in news, adapt to breaking news, and handle several tasks at once with an ability to execute during breaking news situations.
- Ability to produce and edit video for online presentation visual and presentation aptitude with an understanding of presentation and online publishing process.
- Knowledge about video syndication and best practices for mobile video a plus.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere or similar editing system.
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Social Media publishing is strongly desired.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS