Line Producer - CNN - Weekend NightLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177813BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Line Producer - CNN - Weekend Night
- The Line Producer, with executive producer guidance, prepares the rundown of news stories, oversees and executes the production of key video and graphic elements.
- The Line Producer makes important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team in the control room.
- Additionally, the line producer must be able to build segments and develop story ideas from beginning to air.
- This includes editorial discussions, writing scripts, package production, graphics elements and field coordination.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience producing live news shows.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
- Applicant must be editorially mature with solid knowledge of national and international news and be able to create an in-depth, visually exciting newscast.
- Must be a strong leader in the control room and be able to calmly handle breaking news situations.
- Must be an effective team leader with strong people management skills.
- Excellent writing skills-style, language, accuracy, organization, balance.
- Ability to produce quality work quickly.
- Knowledge of iNews and Mediasource is helpful.
- This position will likely fill a variety of schedules, including overnight hours and the individual chosen is required to be extremely flexible.
- Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style.
- Attitude - must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
- Self-starter - ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS