Manager, Strategic InitiativesLocation Atlanta, Georgia
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179818BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Strategic Initiatives team is responsible for complex, global initiatives in the CNN Digital organization tied to business expansion, growth, and the needed cultural evolution required to support both. Our work focuses on driving the tight alignment of Digital's work, people, culture and structure, and our function helps enable organizational agility by defining, leading and driving accountability to new operating models and processes.
The Manager, Strategic Initiatives is responsible for leading the strategic integration of several bodies of work within Digital's culture strategy. The role supports several bodies of work, all of which create structure, guidance and consistent processes for the organization-at-large. Two notable responsibilities include implementing plans to accelerate organizational capability and advancing the OKR discipline that measures the execution of Digital's business strategy.
- Activate Digital's comprehensive, multi-year, experiential manager development framework for all people leaders.
- Design, implement and manage programmatic elements tied to framework inclusive of coaching, upward feedback, mentorship, peer learning and other development opportunities.
- Hold the structure and planning of key internal engagements and leadership forums.
- In partnership with key stakeholders, guides the development of the Digital workforce with the digital skills and mindsets of the future, as aligned to Digital's business strategy.
- Drive strategic implementation of critical organization and function skill building efforts, aligned to Digital's skills vision, in order to accelerate the organization's digital maturity.
- Embed with more than 10 teams to advance the OKR discipline.
- Guide teams throughout the OKR setting process and support the facilitation of team monthly reviews to ensure executional excellence.
- Foster collaboration and transparency around the way we set and measure objectives and key results by working with teams to spot dependencies and create connections across shared bodies of work.
- Drive accountability, alignment and partnerships among multiple stakeholders and connection points with the work of the larger WarnerMedia company.
- Understand external benchmarks and best practices in digital transformation and integrate insights as applicable.
- 5+ years in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing work environment with an ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Proven experience building and scaling employee and organization initiatives.
- Knowledge of adult learning, human behavior and organizational development.
- Eagerness to embrace and drive culture change.
- Demonstrated success in building effective relationships and leading teams and stakeholders without a direct reporting line.
- Possess a strategic operational skillset with the ability to project manage large initiatives with stakeholders outside your direct team.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excited by operating in grey space and creating things that have never existed before.
- A desire to grow, learn, change and tackle new challenges with regularity.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS