Music & Clearance ParalegalLocation Atlanta, Georgia
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 178190BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The WarnerMedia Music Group seeks a music and clearance paralegal to join our team - a person who has a passion for music, who is curious, innovative, and dynamic, and who excels in a fast-paced environment of responsibility and freedom. This role is based in Atlanta, Georgia and will have frequent, direct contact with the WarnerMedia Music Group and legal department, clients, publishers, labels and other third parties.
- Music clearance duties will include assisting the Clearance Team with clearing music across WarnerMedia networks, including HBO Max, TNT, TBS, Turner Sports, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, truTV, CNN and HLN.
- Music paralegal duties will include: reviewing, revising and drafting standard music agreements such as performance agreements, composer agreements, production library agreements, master and synchronization agreements, exclusivity waivers, on camera releases, work for hire agreements; assisting with rights research for clients seeking information on music appearing in WarnerMedia programming; assisting Head of the Music Group with legal analysis, risk analysis, and advising clients on any number of music issues including fair use, parody, soundalikes, and public domain questions.
- This role will also assume other duties and responsibilities within the Music Group as they arise and as needed.
The ideal candidate will have comfort with and experience with the music clearance process and have paralegal experience in a law firm setting providing support for transactional attorneys, including specific experience with the music, entertainment and/or television industry.
- College degree (or relevant work experience in lieu of a college degree)
- 3+ years combined music industry experience and paralegal experience (e.g., in the music department at a major production company, film/television studio, television network, publisher, label, or law firm)
- Experience providing in-house support in television is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; extremely detail-oriented
- Exhibit a professional demeanor and good judgment
- Follow up on assignments until completion
- Self-starter, who takes initiative and is resourceful; takes ownership of tasks and projects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to interact with clients, team-members and third parties
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments; work well under pressure
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Team player
- Curiosity and eagerness to tackle additional projects as needed, including matters outside of your area of expertise
- Fast learner with strong organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment where meeting deadlines is a priority and handling multiple matters simultaneously is the norm
- Comfortable and competent with technology, from clearance software to internet research to MS Office (including redlining)
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS