Producer, CNN HealthLocation Atlanta, Georgia | Los Angeles, California | Washington, DC | New York, New York
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 178548BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN Health is looking for a producer with strong newsgathering abilities and experience with TV production. The producer should be an excellent researcher with a background in health or science. You must be a collaborative team player who can clearly and quickly develop breaking news into a segment for a CNN medical correspondent. Your time will be spent pursuing unique angles that will move our reporting forward.
**This is one position which can be located in NY, DC, LA or Atlanta**
- Work to identify the next development in a story, and get ahead of it
- Develop and maintain strong sources to break news and quickly contextualize new developments
- Synthesize your reporting to present on various platforms, including social media
- Collaborate with producers, correspondent and writers/editors to craft your reporting into stories for TV and digital
- Clearly communicate editorial and logistics information between the team, digital, newsgathering and shows
- BA/BS in journalism
- 3+ years' experience in news environment at a major network, local station or website
- Background with medical or science journalism preferred
- TV/digital writing experience is a must
- Strong logistical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and juggle multiple editorial pursuits
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS