Senior Director, Business OperationsLocation San Francisco, California
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 181885BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Turner Services Inc. seeks a Senior Director, Business Operations for the Business Operations – BR department.
This role drives strategic, operational, and organizational initiatives across Bleacher Report and Turner Sports’ technology organizations. This person will cross-functionally with key partners in the product development lifecycle (including Engineering, Business Development, Analytics, Sales, Marketing, and more) to define best practices, build processes and communication mechanisms, and drive consensus around strategic direction. This role includes components of strategy (e.g. analyzing and understanding new trends in the industry), business operations (connecting the dots between our technology teams and other internal stakeholders), and technology (enable product management and engineering excellence).
- Create operational processes and practices that drive efficiencies for the B/R and Turner Sports technology teams and leadership group.
- Partner with senior-most technology executives to shape and define management operational priorities and execution plans.
- Coordinate the strategic Product planning, budgeting, capacity planning, and allocations processes across all Product, Engineering and Business Operations areas.
- Enable and foster a culture of high organizational performance and collaboration through internal and cross-functional initiatives; partner with senior Product/Engineering teams to determine areas of highest impact.
- Lead cross-functional projects (in partnership with the rest of the Business Operations & Strategy team) to optimize organizational performance.
- Set and implement best practices across multiple Product teams; build/lead processes that improve product management maturity, skills, go-to-market planning, commercialization, etc.
- Work closely with Product leaders to define, measure and report on team OKRs and product KPIs, as well as develop action plans for risks and issues that arise.
- Engage Product leaders and team members to develop solutions to important, highly complex problems, where cross-department considerations are often present.
- Be an agent of change and team/organizational alignment; identify connection points across initiatives and help the team adopt necessary changes to work more effectively.
- Establish the framework, templates, process, tools, and cadence to resolve tradeoffs and enable rapid data-driven strategic decision making.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and manage cross-functional projects by bringing processes that drive clarity and simplify operational practices.
- Combination of cross-functional business acumen and technology understanding -- previous experience in BOTH Product Management and Business roles preferred
- 10+ years of experience in a combination of Product Management, Engineering, Business Operations, Strategy, Program Management, of Chief of Staff to Product roles.
- 5+ years of people management experience, plus a proven track record of coaching/growing employees.
- Previous experience in building digital B2C products required.
- Awareness of Bleacher Report’s voice + knowledge of sports preferred.
- Degree from 4 year institution.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS