Senior Editor, CNN HealthLocation Atlanta, Georgia | Los Angeles, California | Washington, DC | New York, New York
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 178549BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN Health is looking for an experienced health journalist with strong newsgathering abilities and leadership skills. The senior editor should be a collaborative team player who can clearly and succinctly distill news and disseminate information across various news platforms. You will be responsible for gathering and moving editorial on to all platforms in the afternoons and evenings.
**This is one position which can be located in NY, DC, LA or Atlanta**
- You'll be responsible for pushing the editorial envelope on stories that help CNN distinguish itself from our competition.
- As a senior editor on our Health team, you must be able to identify strong stories and assess whether they meet CNN's journalistic standards.
- An established writer, this senior editor can create content for internal guidance and awareness, and to publish externally on all CNN platforms.
- The senior editor needs to support reporter and producer teams reporting from a bureau or the field, and clearly communicate editorial and logistics information between the team, digital, newsgathering and shows.
- The senior editor moves swiftly when assigned, but also acts independently to pursue news priorities.
- BA/BS in journalism or other extensive
- 8+ years' experience in news environment at a major network, local station or website
- TV/digital writing experience is a must
- Previous experience as an assignment editor preferred
- Strong logistical and organizational skills
- Comfortable with shaping and copy-editing text stories in AP style
- Able to make fast, informed decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Understanding of CNN newsgathering
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS