Senior News Editor (Temporary)Location Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Position Type: TemporaryJob ID 177289BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented <br>storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, <br>DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
A critical team leader, the Senior News Editor frontline manages the news desk during their shift and is responsible for driving, prioritizing and ensuring the editorial standards of our daily news agenda.
- S/he ensures the accuracy, quality and speed of our storytelling and that the network goals and planning around a story is reflected in treatment of the story.
- Serving as editorial gatekeeper for the network, the Senior News Editor ensures integrity of the CNN brand by giving attention to all elements of a story -the information, the words, the facts and data for all platforms, including TV, Digital and Social execution.
- They are also responsible for the asset and resource management of our teams on a daily basis.
- The Senior News Editor should be capable of acting up to Director of Coverage level as required.
- Strong background in television or digital journalism.
- Proven experience directing or managing others - strong leadership skills.
- Fast, succinct and accurate communication skills (written).
- Excellent communication and people skills (verbal).
- Excellent understanding of international affairs.
- Possess demonstrable understanding of international media law.
- Strong technical and logistics skills relative to both TV and Digital.
- Skilled news editor - linear and digital.
- Collaborative. - Innovative and creative.
- Flexible and able to operate in a fast-changing environment.
- Sound judgement.
- Work experience abroad in international journalism.
- Fluent in a second language.
- Professional journalism training preferred or may be substituted with work experience in the industry of some years.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS