Temporary Writer & Producer for CNN NewsourceLocation Atlanta, Georgia
Position Type: TemporaryJob ID 180946BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The freelance (Temporary) Newsource Writer/Producer is part of the CNN Newsource Distribution team responsible for providing content to CNN's more than 1100 affiliates and partners. Specifically, a freelance Writer/Producer's job focuses on crafting a variety of broadcast-ready scripts, including lead-ins, vo's, tags, sots, etc. Freelance Writer/Producers will also occasionally write packages and/or copy edit scripts. All of this is done in a fast-paced, high-performing, and exciting work environment.
- High performing Writer/Producers will also be expected to write packages and/or copy edit, when needed
- The Newsource Writer/Producer is also responsible for making editorial decisions on content distribution in conjunction with writing scripts
- At times, a Writer/Producer will also proxy edit
- All of this must be done within a fast paced work environment
- The ideal candidate also must be able to provide excellent customer service to affiliates and the ability to collaborate with co-workers across all of CNN's platforms
- 2 years or more writing experience and 3-5 years total news experience
- Experience in local news is helpful
- Creative written and oral skills are also essential, as well as strong organizational skills and flexibility
- A college Bachelor degree is also required
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS