Virtual CNN Global Digital Programming Intern, Summer 2021Location Atlanta, Georgia
Position Type: InternJob ID 180660BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
- The intern will work with the Global Programming Department for CNN Digital in addition to collaborating with other parts of CNN Editorial, from verticals to global news gathering.
- Plan, program and package all kinds of CNN content on our platforms, including relevant images, graphics, and other interactive elements to enhance stories.
- Keep up with metrics and interact with Audience Development to make sure we are bringing the best of CNN to the world.
- Execute programming plans for a wide range of projects.
- Interact with internal and external peers and managers to share and receive feedback on key initiatives.
- Find trending content online and recommend the best to CNN's content teams.
- Write articles that summarize the news for mobile, commuter audiences
- Update top headline packages for app audiences
- Typically, some journalism experience. School newspapers count! Class papers not so much.
- A strong understanding of news.
- A strong understanding of storytelling.
- Strong writing.
- Must demonstrate the following: Teamwork, industry, desire to learn, and creativity.
- Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
- Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
- Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
- Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
- This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS