Writer/Producer- CNN - Newsroom WeekdayLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177450BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Writer/Producer- CNN - Newsroom Weekday
- Pitching, researching, planning guest segments and/or packages as needed.
- Identifying guests, video elements, graphic elements (including relevant fonts).
- Coordinating execution of segments live from control room when needed, to ensure the most effective pursuit of the vision of the segment.
- Handling logistics for production of packages-interviews (both arranging and conducting when necessary), shoots (including finding sites, securing crew and booking travel), video (choosing and/or cutting video and monitoring the editing of the piece as necessary).
- Developing graphics for pieces or entire programs based on theme.
- Writing: pulling together all elements of segments and writing anchor intros, teases, fonts and text for graphics.
- Coordinating all elements gathered for packages into coherent, compelling pieces that integrate the best video and the strongest words.
- Collaborating with newsgathering and Media Operations to obtain the best elements.
- Collaborating with the Row to ensure the best script.
- Writing day-of scripts for program: promos, teases, opens, news, features.
- Effectively using video, graphics and fonts on all assigned stories.
- Four years broadcast newswriting and/or producing experience preferred; five years a plus.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
- Excellent writing skills-style, language, accuracy, organization, balance.
- Ability to produce quality work quickly.
- Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style.
- Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
- Strong production vision- ability to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality.
- Self-starter- ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS