Senior Payroll/HR ControllerLocation Budapest, Budapest
Position Type:Job ID 178253BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
HBO Europe is home to the shows that everyone is talking about. We give our customers original HBO programming as well as a wide selection of the best series from other content providers, kids programming, documentaries, and movies. We offer international shows as well as local productions. HBO Europe offers programming to subscribers in twenty-one countries, with Portugal as the latest addition.
HBO Europe is looking for a Senior Payroll/HR Controller to join the HBO Europe team in Budapest, on a 12-month fixed-term contract to start the beginning of October. The role supports the HR Functional Leader while being the ‘link’ between finance and the HR function.
- Preparing monthly actual salary/payroll reports
- Providing regular and ad-hoc financial analysis about Salary Cost /HR OPEX
- Managing and actively participating in the HR Functional Planning Process
- Responsible for the following tasks for Central Europe HBO:
- Approval of Net Salaries
- Monthly reporting for Hungary and the UK
- Daily contact with the Payroll Provider (Nexon Kft.)
- Act as the key contact for internal and external Audits
- Responsible for tasks for all of HBO Europe including:
- Finalizing monthly Headcount, Compensation cost & HR Budget report
- Updating the HR team on a monthly basis with HR and Staff cost analysis (Actual vs. Plan)
- Preparing headcount budget and forecast for HBO Europe
- Support Europe’s Finance and HR teams
- Solid experience in a similar financial position (Staff Cost Planning and Analysis, Financial Controlling, Payroll, etc.)
- Fluent English essential
- Good knowledge and understanding of Cognos and Sun accounting
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Advanced Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel)
- Prior experience working in a global, matrix organisation working cross-functionally
- Detail-oriented and analytical, with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Embraces the role of change agent and is resilient in the face of uncertainty.
- Organized, structured with strong execution and multi-tasking skills.
- Prior experience and knowledge of Nexon system and Workday
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS