Associate Creative Director HBO Max Originals MarketingLocation Burbank, California
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179565BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is an opportunity to be part of a marketing team from the ground-up, and shape the creative team of the future. The Associate Creative Director for HBO Max Originals will work closely with the Creative Director to support priority campaigns, along with developing the creative strategy, positioning, and key creative materials for select campaigns. With a core focus on the trailer, keyart, visual design and digital advertising materials, they will develop breakthrough content to capture consumers attention and establish Max Originals series & movies as a premium streaming entertainment offering. From initial creative concepting to seeing the campaigns through execution, ensure creative aligns with strategies, tone/messaging is consistent across all consumer touchpoints, taps into innovation & experimentation, and delivers engaging content for customers. They will report to the Director of Creative Marketing, HBO Max Originals Marketing.
- Develop and execute best-in-class creative content for Originals campaigns and programs from inception through delivery to achieve business objectives.
- For select Max Originals campaigns, establish the overarching campaign creative strategy, interpreting research and audience insights to align with content and storytelling. Delivering fresh, premium and best-in-class creative materials that can be applied across all consumer touchpoints.
- Supervise multiple external agencies in the development of trailers/AV/keyart/digital content, premium creative advertising, media placements and high-impact creative experiences & promotions (experiential activations, event sponsorships, etc.).
- Partner closely with the strategic and social team members in Max Originals Program Marketing team, programming/content team, product marketing, media planning, editorial, research, PR, legal, and other teams to create and manage multiple concurrent campaigns.
- Manage paid digital creative campaigns, including YouTube advertising/pre-roll, high-impact digital displays, custom digital placements, and custom A/V.
- Support custom campaign shoots in partnership with agencies and the production teams. Includes developing concepts during custom Marketing/Gallery shoots.
- Deliver big creative ideas that break-through in a cluttered, competitive consumer landscape. Take bold swings with creative ideas grounded in strategy and insights.
- Key contributor to a team culture that breaks the mold, fueled by innovation & creativity in a fast-paced environment, with positive & transparent collaboration.
- 7+ years creative marketing experience, driving interest, viewing and engagement for series and/or films.
- A sincere love for streaming entertainment, television, movies and storytelling.
- Demonstrate highly creative & experimental campaigns, with the ability to meet a high-bar of quality content creation.
- Strong communication, presentation skills and positive team collaboration is a must.
- With a core creative expertise, demonstrate the ability to think broader - understand strategy to deliver big creative ideas that align with audiences and campaign goals, and execute tactically.
- Understanding of paid social & digital programs/placements/partners, as part of planning a wholistic creative & digital strategy.
- Expertise in digital video content best practices, unique creative opportunities across various digital platforms, along with understanding of traditional creative (trailers, A/V, keyart).
- Understanding of current dynamic entertainment landscape, competitive creative campaigns and consumer trends, as well as shifts in our business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS