Data Scientist, Media Mix Modeling - HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California | Los Angeles, California
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179477BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max launched in May 2020 and is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max is home to key third-party library acquisitions such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis and other visionaries. Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
The Data Scientist, Media Mix Modeling
- Performance analysis to measure marketing campaigns and make recommendations
- Analyze and have a deep understanding of media spend (investment and return) and measure performances
- Support the development of data framework and analytical approaches
- Develop, maintain, and refine market mix models and attribution models using advanced statistical models
- Build optimization algorithms using the model output to optimize media spend to maximize subscriber growth and revenue
- Synthesize analytics and statistical approaches into easy-to-consume storylines, both visually and verbally, and provide indicated actions for executive audiences
- Present key drivers behind media effectiveness and performance with business partners and senior executives and craft related action plans
- BA/BS in business analytics, statistics, mathematics, economics, industrial engineering, or other quantitative discipline is required. Masters/PhD is a plus
- 2+ years of experience building data science/statistical models (Multivariate regression, Markov Chain Model, Time Series Model etc.)
- Expertise in SQL and R
- Experience in Media Mix Modeling and Multi Touch Attribution Modeling
- Experience in linear and non-linear optimization (Local/Global) approaches
- Experience in customizing optimization algorithms a plus
- Experience in building RShiny applications a plus
- Experience with ADH (Ads Data Hub) and BigQuery a plus
- Experience designing and evaluating experimental/ incrementality test a plus
- Proficiency using Excel spreadsheet
- Knowledge of media and advertising (display, digital, paid search etc.)
- Passionate about using data to drive strategy and product recommendations.
- Experience in subscription-based businesses or eCommerce preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, collaborate and influence.
- A developed creative taste and strong instinct for stories and experiences that will capture consumers.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS