Director, Creative Mktg, HBO Max Originals MarketingLocation Burbank, California
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 178174BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
This is an opportunity to be part of a marketing team from the ground-up and shape the creative team of the future. The Director of Creative Marketing for HBO Max Originals will develop the overarching creative strategy, positioning, and key creative materials to establish the campaign across all platforms. With a core focus on the trailer, keyart, visual design and digital advertising materials, they will develop breakthrough content to capture consumers attention and establish Max Originals series & movies as a premium streaming entertainment offering. From initial creative concepting to seeing the campaigns through execution, this creative lead will ensure creative aligns with strategies, tone/messaging is consistent across all consumer touchpoints, taps into innovation & experimentation, and delivers engaging content for customers. They will report to the VP of HBO Max Program Marketing.
- Oversee and execute best-in-class creative content for Originals campaigns and programs from inception through delivery to achieve business objectives.
- Establish the overarching campaign creative strategy, interpreting research and audience insights to align with content and storytelling. Delivering fresh, premium and best-in-class creative materials that can be applied across all consumer touchpoints.
- Lead a creative team of Assoc Creative Directors and Content Producers who all contribute to best-in-class execution in a collaborative and nimble team environment. Empowering team members to take ownership and contribute to overarching plans.
- Supervise multiple external agencies in the development of trailers/AV/keyart/digital content, premium creative advertising, media placements and high-impact creative experiences & promotions (experiential activations, event sponsorships, etc.).
- Partner closely with the strategic and social team members in Max Originals Program Marketing team, Programming/content teams, product marketing, media planning, editorial, research, PR, legal, and other teams to create and manage multiple concurrent campaigns.
- Key thought-leader in creating new approaches to creative marketing campaigns and developing efficient/tech-driven workstreams and processes across the growing team.
- Creative lead for all custom campaign shoots in partnership with agencies and the production teams. Includes developing concepts during custom Marketing/Gallery shoots.
- Deliver big creative ideas that break-through in a cluttered, competitive consumer landscape. Take bold swings with creative ideas grounded in strategy and insights.
- Key contributor to a team culture that breaks the mold, fueled by innovation & creativity in a fast-paced environment, with positive & transparent collaboration.
- 8+ years creative marketing experience, driving interest, viewing and engagement for series and/or films, along with team leadership experience.
- A sincere love for streaming entertainment, television, movies and storytelling
- Demonstrate highly creative & experimental campaigns, with the ability to meet a high-bar of quality content creation
- Strong communication, presentation skills and positive team collaboration is a must
- With a core creative expertise, demonstrate the ability to think broader - understand strategy to deliver big creative ideas that align with audiences and campaign goals, and execute tactically.
- Understanding of paid social & digital programs/placements/partners, as part of planning a holistic social & digital strategy.
- Expertise in digital video content best practices, unique creative opportunities across various digital platforms, along with understanding of traditional creative (trailers, A/V, keyart).
- Understanding of current dynamic entertainment landscape, competitive creative campaigns and consumer trends, as well as shifts in our business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS