Director, Financial Administration - WBTVLocation Burbank, California
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179788BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) develops and oversees the entire portfolio of Warner Bros.’ television businesses, including worldwide production, traditional and digital distribution and broadcasting. Warner Bros’ content is distributed around the world by Warner Bros. Television’s Domestic and International Distribution groups.
Warner Bros. Television seeks a Director, Financial Administration for the GF TV Prod Financial Administration department. The Director, Financial Administration will work extensively with Business Affairs, Estimating, Production, Current, Casting, Production Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Administration, Human Resources, and WBTV Legal to compile, review, analyze, prepare, process and disburse ATL payments to fulfill contractual obligations.
- Manages Estimating and Financial Administration in processing of all Above-the-Line payments for the WBTP Division and all its subsidiaries. This position is the WGA payroll and WGA contract expert. Responsible for reading complex Overall Producer agreements and other complex contracts to scheduling and administrate payments. The department has heavy volume servicing approximately 100 overall deals, 500 development scripts and 2,000 series transactions.
- Services requests by auditors for SOX, Guilds and Participations. Provide analysis for such requests.
- Works closely with Business Affairs and Legal departments for facilitating ATL payments TV productions, TV development, and budgeting information.
- Creation of new episodic payment memos for each series.
- Assist Sr. Vice President, Financial Administration with various cost analyses as instructed. This will include analyses requested by Labor Relations for negotiation purposes.
- Sarbanes Oxley Initiative: Reviews internal and external audits of television productions as related to financial information and cost processing.
- Creates journal entries and corrects distribution errors as needed.
- Instigates the assigning of development, overall deal, and special job numbers for general ledger.
- Monitors costs accumulated on development projects, talent hold deals, and overall deals to insure correct payment processing and analyses for same.
- Maintaining administrative functions of overhead cost system.
- Interfaces with outside payroll companies for payment of ATL Talent on pilots, series, and mini series.
- With approval of Sr. Vice President, Financial Administration, assist Vice President, Directors, and Managers of Estimating as needed with production functions.
- Creation of new forms and processes to increase paperwork productivity while reducing paperwork quantity. This will include interfacing with various departments and personnel to reduce or eliminate snags.
- Coordinating of Estimating, WM Global Payroll personnel of new forms and processes.
- Submit journal vouchers for transfer of overall paid to assistants of writer/producers on overall deals to various productions.
- Coordinates with Legal Department for payment of WGA and DGA clip fees.
- Promotion of new or modified suggestions regarding Estimating, Financial Administration, or corporate procedures and how they relate to departmental functioning.
- High school or equivalent and college preferred.
- 5+ years WGA Payroll experience, production cost budgeting/estimating experience, preferably in television.
- Must be familiar with all phases of television production sufficient to estimate costs.
- Must have knowledge of accounting principles and procedures sufficient to review and ensure the accurate distribution of production costs.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with production executives and all levels of personnel.
- Must be able to prepare and present clear and concise cost production reports.
- Must be able to supervise professional and clerical subordinates.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to maintain various reports
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of management
- Must be able to travel to various locations for location audits or production accounting needs.
- Must be able to adhere to numerous deadlines
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to handle personnel issues
- Must be creative to facilitate new forms
- Must be diligent to secure payments for associated departments as needed
- Must be dependable and able to work flexible hours.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS