Director, Marketing (Paid Search) - HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 178562BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
The Director Paid Search is responsible for both developing and executing search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns for HBO Max. In this role you will work collaboratively across the organization to achieve objectives and KPIs to increase revenue, conversion rate and subscriber base. You will build and oversee a high performing team that will be responsible for the day to day oversight of paid search. In this role you must have strong analytical and data skills and must be able to use data to inform decisions and understand our audience.
- Create and implement paid search strategy and campaigns that compliment and support new and existing growth marketing initiatives.
- Partner closely with other areas of marketing and with HBO Max leadership to develop campaign KPIs and report on progress and achievement of goals. Use data to test, optimize and scale paid search programs.
- Manage the paid search budget and partner with the insights team to forecast campaign performance.
- Work closely with the data science team to develop attribution models to evaluate campaign success.
- Utilize test and learn strategies to understand and strengthen reach and conversion.
- Design, implement and report on A/B tests to drive incremental improvements across all KPIs
- Build, develop and mentor a top performing search marketing team who will be responsible for the day to day delivery of paid search campaigns.
- Focus on innovation to drive new and better ways of reaching customers.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and share knowledge across the growth marketing team.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in paid search engine marketing, at least some experience in an agency setting.
- At least 4 years building, overseeing and developing a diverse team responsible for paid search. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion with proven success creating and sustaining a diverse, open and inclusive culture.
- Strong understanding of paid search and digital marketing trends.
- Monitor and analyze campaign performance in platforms like Google Ads, Bing Ads, Gemini, Apple Search, and Amazon Search
- Experience running UAC and/or Apple Search ads to drive app install metrics such as Cost-per-Install (CPI)
- Expert level knowledge and experience with web analytical tools/interfaces (Google Analytics) and Search Marketing Management tools (Google AdWords Editor, Bing Ads Editor, Kenshoo, Marin Software, SA360 (DoubleClick Search))
- Experience managing large paid search budgets and a deep understanding of finance and budgeting.
- Familiarity with attribution models, expertise in customer segmentation and the use of test and learn strategies to optimize campaigns.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS