Director, Office and Production Services MaintenanceLocation Burbank, California
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179731BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. Studio Operations (WBSO) oversees the physical operations of the historic 110-acre main lot in Burbank including its 30 soundstages and 20-acre backlot, as well as production-related services including costume, set-dressing, construction, set lighting, catering, transportation, photography and much more. The production site also hosts tours for consumers offering guests intimate views at the inner workings of thriving entertainment studios.
The Director, Office and Production Services Maintenance has direct oversight of the day-to-day maintenance activities for both production and non-production buildings, stages and exteriors/grounds on the main lot and ranch facility.
This position serves as a conduit between the Office and Production Services Managers, Production and Corporate groups and WB Construction, Utilities Departments and outside vendors and works to ensure maintenance requests, capital projects and regular/recurring maintenance items are completed to WB specifications ensuring quality control, adhering to Studio standards and are done in a timely manner and on budget. Additional criteria of this role includes: job site inspections, consistent communication with all groups involved, as well as weekly distribution of maintenance reports and coordination/participation in weekly staff meetings to discuss status of current projects, and planning/scheduling of maintenance work.
The position is also responsible for managing the maintenance budget, value engineering the scope of special projects, overseeing operating expenditures, approving payroll, measuring performance and productivity, and special projects as needed, as well as responding to/assisting with union grievances, discipline and other labor relations matters. The Director will also work with procurement, engineering and architectural firms for compliance related needs.
Responsibilities also include responding to production and non-production maintenance issues & requests sometimes on an urgent basis and being on call 24/7 when a building, stage, or lot emergency arises, such as leaks, fire/life safety, production related incidents.
In addition, specific areas of oversight include:
- Craft Services
- Gardening – Landscaping, Irrigation, Grounds Maintenance
- Labor – Trash Removal/Recycling Program in coordination with Warner Media Sustainability
- Office Maintenance Team – carpenters, electrician, painter
- Maintenance Vendor Relationships – Isotech, DMS, Mitsubishi Elevators, Curcio, Carter Fence, Advanced Access Systems, Sentry Controls, Animal Trappings, Stuart Dean
- Roof Maintenance – cleaning, all roof specifications, roofing library, repairs, coatings, replacements, warranty tracking, gutters & downspouts, annual inspections
- Exterior Furniture/Fixtures, including Umbrellas, Tables, Benches, Awnings
- Exterior Lighting – consistency and continuity
- Metal & Stone Maintenance
- Appliance Maintenance – Refrigerators, Water Coolers, Microwaves, Water Dispensers
- Responsible for the oversight and maintenance of all exterior maintenance of buildings and grounds for the Main lot, Ranch and other applicable leased or owned Warner Media properties
- Responsible for coordinating with Office and Production Services Managers, Production and Corporate groups and WB Construction, Utilities Departments, and outside vendors to ensure maintenance requests, capital projects and regular/recurring maintenance is done to Studio specifications
- Responsible for on-site oversight of OPS Capital maintenance improvement projects including interfacing with lot trades, procurement, engineering firms and Architectural Services for compliance
- Responsible for managing the maintenance budget and operating expenditures
- Responsible for approving payroll, measuring performance and productivity, as well as union grievances, discipline, and other labor relations matters
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related area preferred
- 5-10 years Facilities Management or equivalent experience (property management, real estate, construction, maintenance, etc.)
- Background should include experience with office moves and relocations
- Expert Knowledge of Studio or Production Environment and practices, preferred
- Must be self-motivated and service oriented
- Must have ability to manage others and work under pressure within tight budgets & time schedules
- Knowledgeable of construction bidding process and budgeting required
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS