Director, Ops - Ad Supported (HBO Max)Location Burbank, California
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179778BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia’s streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max launched in May 2020 and is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max is home to key third-party library acquisitions such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis and other visionaries. Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
The Director, Operations Ad Supported will be responsible for leading, driving and optimizing new Ad Supported Business Operations processes on WarnerMedia's Direct-to-Consumer platform, HBO Max. You will have a deep understanding of the video streaming industry. The ideal candidate has a solid ad tech background, can think strategically, is comfortable working across a variety of platforms/systems while driving forward the success of our Ad Operations team through continuous improvement. In this highly cross-functional role, you will collaborate and develop operational efficiencies across Ad Sales, Revenue Operations, Brand, Product, Design, Marketing, Design teams and Agencies. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, goal oriented while operating in a high-volume operational environment, and will be able to adapt quickly to change, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Manage delivery, trafficking, recognition, and optimization of advertising formats on HBO Max across multiple teams, stakeholders, and business systems
- Partner across Ad Sales, Revenue Operations, Brand, Product, Design, Marketing, Design teams and Agencies to establish processes and workflows as needed
- Identify and support new AVOD operations and business processes that enable the team to scale and work efficiently
- Actively drive improvements to ad ops workflows and processes in order to meet SLAs and KPIs
- Incubate and prove out new ad formats
- Transition proven formats to support scalability and sell ability
- Coach and lead the Ad Operations team to meet and exceed expectations
- Develop and maintain operational relationships and provide excellent customer service to all internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze relevant data and create positive feedback loops to drive best-in-class processes and documentation among key stakeholders, including Engineering and Product teams
- Identify and present new opportunities for next-gen CTV/OTT practices that are leading edge in the industry that will be used to accelerate WarnerMedia's advertising revenue
- Meet regularly with demand partners and vendors for status updates, areas of opportunity and attention
- 8+ years of experience in ad operations or related experience at an entertainment media company, digital experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience mentoring and leading high-volume operational teams
- Prior experience with ad supported technology ecosystems required Extensive understanding of technical account management and root cause analysis
- Proven experience in operationalization of complex workflows and systems and process improvement
- Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics and KPIs for business goals and process improvement projects
- Ability to analyze, interpret data and use insights to inform process improvements
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Understand the latest industry trends and use cases surrounding the use of data and be a champion of best practices in the industry
· Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
· Paid time off every year to volunteer
· Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
· Access to in-house learning and development resources
· Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS