Director, Participations AuditLocation Burbank, California, United States
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 175804BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Director, FCRA Audit for the FCRA Participations Audit department. This position is responsible for managing participations audits from fieldwork through settlement. Manage and train staff in the day to day execution of audit fieldwork and data systems. Develop and maintain relationships with outside auditors and WB Business Units. Reviews complex analysis related to audit claims to support SVP of FCRA and Participations Counsel in audit settlement negotiations.
- Manages the end-to-end process of participations audits including execution of fieldwork tasks and activities, including, contract and financial analysis, relevant interactions with auditors, WB Legal and business units.
- Review audit reports and claims analysis provided by the teams. Makes recommendations to executive management (VP-FCRA Audit, SVP-FCRA, Participations Counsel) on WB positioning on audit claims and settlement amounts. Participates and drives settlement negotiations.
- Expected to independently coordinate communications with internal / external counsel and senior executives across all Warner Bros. Production and Distribution Business Units to bring audit issues to resolution. Responsible for ensuring that all communications remain Privileged and Confidential.
- Develops the communication strategy and hosts regular meetings with audit firms and WB business units to resolve outstanding issues. Hold audit firms and BUs to agreed to deadlines.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer of audit processes and systems to Audit staff. Suggest and implement process improvements.
- Train, evaluate and provide feedback to staff on performance and growth opportunities. Inspire and motivate staff embrace challenges and change in the department.
- Perform and review ad hoc analysis as assigned by VP, FCRA Audit.
- CPA / MBA a plus.
- 8-10 years of accounting, audit or financial related experience required.
- 3-5 years previous management and leadership experience required.
- Experience with negotiations and settlement discussions desired.
- Experience in managing work that requires confidential and privileged status.
- Experience in working with Attorneys and Legal Counsel.
- Prior experience with SAP and Business Objects Reports a plus.
- Prior experience in Participations or the entertainment industry required.
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate privileged and confidential information with legal counsel and WB BU executives.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Participations reporting concepts.
- Must be able to read and comprehend legal agreements in order to dispute audit claims.
- Must have ability to extract and analyze data from various source systems used for Participations reporting.
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
- Strong ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel and management required.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership and staff development skills.
- Must be able to make decisions and deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Team player.
- Must be able to adapt and lead in a team environment.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines under a fast-paced environment and work overtime, as needed.
- Must be a confident individual who is a quick learner and self-starter.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS