Head of Scripted ContentLocation Burbank, California, United States
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 176091BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Stage 13 is seeking a Head of Scripted Content to join their growing award-winning television and digital studio showcasing new, diverse voices and original stories, based at Warner Bros./Warner Media. The role will oversee a high-performing scripted team developing and producing critically-acclaimed multidimensional content across multiple formats (digital/episodic/film), genres (comedy/drama/genre), and all platforms. This critical role will lead all development and current efforts on Stage 13’s robust slate of projects along with helping shepherd the overall scripted programming strategy for the studio. The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge/understanding of the industry, well-established talent/business relationships, and a strong desire to innovate, collaborate, and create exciting game-changing storytelling opportunities.
- Formulate and implement Stage 13’s scripted strategy as defined by the General Manager and key business stakeholders to grow distinctive and compelling content slate.
- Oversee the scripted development/current department across all genres/formats - from pitch/paper-pilot development through series post-production including all show creative and staffing. Work cross-functionally with Stage 13/WB creative, production, BA/legal, marketing/PR teams, review all project materials, and give notes at all phases of development/current production to maximize potential of slate. Liaise with creative partners on every phase of development/production to successfully drive projects through to completion.
- Establish and maintain high level relationships with key internal and external creative/development stakeholders at each platform to achieve business scale with studio’s original slate; manage creation of pitch materials, including one-sheets, decks, bibles, formats and sizzle reels.
- Identify new buyers/platforms and build relationships with key programming executives across industry; help drive innovative scripted models/talent development and lead team in ideation of new concepts.
- Spearhead problem solving resolution with internal/external stakeholders, studio partners, outside producers, and talent on all production and programming issues.
- Lead and mentor enterprising scripted team; help them thrive holistically vis-à-vis well-defined goals/objectives and deliberate performance reviews.
- Be proactive on marketplace trends & programming formats to identify best practices.
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred.
- 7+ years in the creative development/production space in Entertainment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the scripted development/production processes.
- Strong existing relationships in the creative community with writers, producers, talent, agents, buyers, media platforms, etc.
- Knowledge of all video offerings across global television/film landscape.
- Keen understanding of the digital/streaming viewing consumer, the platforms and content they’re consuming and engaging with, and the vast creative applications to those platforms.
- Must have the ability to source material and leverage IP from all potential pathways.
- Experience in multiple formats (episodic: short-form, 30 min, 60 min, limited, & film) and genres (comedy, drama, horror, etc) preferred.
- Experience in team management.
- Deep passion for top-notch multi-dimensional storytelling engaging all consumer/fan identities, generations, and mindsets.
- Strong sense of integrity, confidentiality, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Must thrive in a team-oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced/evolving environment.
- Great problem solver and decision maker.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and possess excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Strong executive presence.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Results-oriented, highly self-motivated.
- Top quality presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated mastery of creative and development skills.
- Requires some travel.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS