Staff Data Engineer - HBO MaxLocation United States - California - Burbank, United States - California - Los Angeles, United States - Washington - Seattle
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177233BR Apply Now
As the Staff Data Engineer on the HBO Max Data Insights & Ops team, you will be a part of the team that is responsible for developing, constructing, test existing and new architectures. You will play an integral role in identifying ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality. This position will work closely with all of the Data Engineering and cross-functional teams, such as Data Science and Business Intelligence, on marketing, media and subscriber data sets.
- Provide thought leadership and lead best practice solutions for the entire Data Engineering team.
- Take lead in driving a culture of high quality, innovation, and incremental experimentation.
- Design, implement and fully own critical portions of HBO Max's analytical data models and pipelines used to populate them.
- Lead the collaboration with stakeholders to understand requirements, lead and design data structures using best practices, and develop batch or real-time data pipelines to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality data.
- Own, maintain and support existing data pipelines and platforms storing petabytes of data quickly and reliably.
- Creatively explore and demonstrate the value of data for the HBO Max team. Be part of a driving force that enables and empowers better decision making through data.
- Has a knack of using flexible and scalable methodologies that can be applied to a broad set of problems across the Data Engineering organization.
- Always be thirsty for optimizations and always be eager to find new, improved ways to address an old problem.
- 2-3 years in a lead capacity.
- SQL Rockstar: can code complex SQL logic, lead best practices and drive the development of other data engineers.
- Proven Computer Science fundamentals in Algorithms and Data Structures.
- 7-8 years of experience in Python or other programming languages such as Scala or Java.
- Significant experience with Big Data technologies such as Apache Spark.
- 2-3 years of experience with MPP/Cloud Data Warehouses such as Snowflake.
- Five years of experience with core AWS services related to data engineering.
- Education: Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience with using Apache Kafka or AWS Kinesis as a message bus for storing and processing high-velocity real-time data.
- Experience with building data notebooks using Jupyter, AWS Sagemaker, or Databricks.
- Experience with building and productionizing ML Pipelines and other solutions.
- Experience with Graph-based workflow orchestration engine such as Apache Airflow.
- Familiarity with marketing and media platforms/data sets.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS