Manager, Animation - HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California, United States
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177995BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
The Manager, Animation will act as a point person for the development and continued production of HBO Max animated programming from conception to premiere. While working closely with the senior leadership, primary responsibilities will include creatively assisting the executive team with the execution of projects, interfacing with the entertainment community, and providing thorough and thoughtful notes and feedback on potential scripted projects.
- Provides notes on projects in a timely manner so that projects remain on track. Serves as conduit for executives to ensure the creative direction during production and the editorial process are properly communicated and achieved. Works with all parties to protect the creative integrity of each scripted property. Through the advice and guidance of executive management, assists with problem areas ensuring successful results.
- Interfaces with the entertainment community as a means of seeking out great programming that has potential to meet the creative needs of our Company.
- Sets and attends general meetings, pitches, and industry functions.
- Provides notes/feedback on creative materials and rough cuts, attends table reads and production meetings. Provides creative feedback to executive management based on these events.
- Seeks and maintains a current understanding of competitive networks and their programming slate as it pertains to animation and overall programming strategy. Continues to build a working knowledge of talent that can be sourced for animated programming by way of showcases, agents, managers and their client rosters.
- 3+ years' experience supporting an executive in the entertainment industry at an executive assistant, coordinator or manager level.
- Knowledge of the creative community, ability to work with talent, writers, artists, producers and directors and be a representative of the Company to the community.
- Knowledge and understanding of development and production process.
- Skill set to evaluate scripts, concepts. Able to give creative comment, notes and write coverage. Also, must have superior writing skills, communication and organizational skills.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS