Manager, BI Engineering (Content Performance) - HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California | Los Angeles, California | New York, New York | Seattle, Washington
Business: HBO Max
Position Type:Job ID 180332BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Manager, BI Engineer-Content Performance will lead all content related visualizations, dashboarding and reporting for the Content Intelligence team within HBOMax. This team is focused on providing actionable content insight to our business and creative executives across HBOMax. You are an engineer who not only has a deep understanding of the application of big data to complex business questions, but also experience designing and building semantic layers to best support self-service vehicles. In some cases, you will also work with business experts to turn data into actionable insights from beginning (data modeling) to end (interactive UI via Looker/Tableau) and optimization in between (ETL-ing). You will work closely with cross-functional partners to ensure that their modelling endpoints and data are properly moved into a semantic layer and production environments, where they can be used by the wider WarnerMedia community to drive programming, content and product business strategies. We are looking for a well-rounded engineer who has exceptional technical and design skills.
- Lead selection, implementation, optimization and integration of HBOMax-wide content data visualization tools.
- Roll-up your sleeves and contribute as you build and lead a team of talented data engineers in the design and execution of insightful and easy to use content-focused dashboards, visualizations and reports.
- Build aggregate datasets using ETL principles that underlay visualizations. Participate in the creation and support of BI development standards and best practices.
- Synthesize large volumes of data and complex concepts into clear insights and frameworks, quickly and accurately.
- Manage development cycles/sprints to deliver value-add tools to partners, communicate timelines and dependencies across our organization.
- Continually research and improve new methods and technologies in the analytics and visualization space.
- Apply your learnings to what you build.
- Rapidly deliver on concepts through prototypes that can be presented for feedback.
- Train fellow employees on best practices for data visualization and help others be successful stewards of our tools.
- Lead selection, implementation, and integration of data visualization tools
- Bachelor's degree, MS or greater in quantitative field of study (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, etc.) from a top tier accredited institution
- 2+ years' experience managing a team, including experience building a team from the ground up
- 5+ years' of hands-on experience compiling, analyzing and visualizing data
- Expert in Looker, Tableau and data visualization design
- Expert working with SQL (clean, fast code is a must)
- Expert working with Snowflake, Redshift, Teradata, Oracle, S3 and/or SQL Server databases
- Expert using AWS and other cloud-based tools
- Expert working with data relationships, structures, modeling, semantic layer and mining
- Expert in analyzing, compiling, cleansing, interpreting, joining and staging data
- Expert working in an Agile development environment
- Robust understanding/experience using Python in data-focused fullstack environments (from data wrangling, to analysis, to visualizations)
- Demonstrable skills building responsive data visualizations
- Proven ability to produce high-quality data visualizations in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with complex and large volumes of data
- Must be independent
- Must be curious
- Must work well under time constraints
- Must handle multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Must communicate effectively
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Experience in the digital media and entertainment strongly preferred
- Masters Degree strongly preferred
- Experience with front-end frameworks/languages a plus
- Experience with Airflow, or other scheduling software a plus
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS