Manager, Content Research - HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 181964BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
We won’t chase the market – we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn’t exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment, and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
WarnerMedia seeks a Manager, Content Research for the Dept. Name department. As a member of content research, you will be responsible for conducting innovative qualitative and quantitative research supporting HBO and HBO Max original content. This position is part of a team of strategic research & insights storytellers who partner closely with programming, development, strategy, and marketing stakeholders. Your storytelling skills will transform data into actionable insights to support exceptional content creation.
This position requires someone who has a strong understanding of creative and research processes and how the two intersect most efficiently. You are a self-starter, deeply curious, and exceptionally organized.
- Manage content research from design through delivery (pilot and episode studies, IP deep dives, landscape studies, concept studies, series maintenance) to uncover and disseminate actionable insights
- Uncover trends and gaps to inform content strategy
- Innovate new methodologies, processes, and tools to enhance insights
- Manage vendor relationships
- Manage and mentor junior members of the team
- Some travel may be required
- 5+ years of qualitative and quantitative research experience.
- Experience with conducting content research (ie pilot studies, landscape studies, content strategy, etc)
- Experience at a Direct-To-Consumer/SVOD/AVOD or research company
- 2+ years of experience in managing, leading, and mentoring a high-performing team
- Excellent ability to translate consumer voices into actionable insights to inform strategic business objectives and decisions
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to convey insights clearly and effectively in verbal, visual, and written formats to executives/senior management
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to adapt quickly, dynamically, and intelligently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy, consistency, and quality
- Adept at building effective relationships and collaborating cross-functionally
- A passion for television shows and movies
The Nice To Haves
- International media research and foreign-language content experience
- Statistical knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of media measurement methodologies and tools (ex. Nielsen, Comscore)
- Graduate degree
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS