Marketing Sr. Manager - Content Merchandising (Kids & Family)- HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 180035BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Marketing Sr. Manager (Content Merchandising) will establish and implement a data-driven content merchandising strategy to further accelerate growth for the WarnerMedia streaming platform, HBO Max, across multiple channels and touchpoints. In this position, you will be responsible for all content merchandising initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, and leads, that deliver sales and customer retention. In this highly cross-functional role, you will partner closely with all teams in Growth Marketing and manage licensed/acquired and Original content partners both internally and externally.
- Accountable for the development of a data and insights-led content marketing strategy and initiatives that will drive volume, engagement, subscription, and retention of the kids and family audience.
- Responsible for the strategy and development for how we leverage content tied to audience development to drive consideration for HBO Max.
- Own kids and family content merchandising strategy for growth marketing, partnering with editorial and acquisition teams to define the audience and merchandising plans for assigned series and films.
- Lead relationship management with kids and family assigned content partners (ie. Cartoon Network, Sesame Street) to maximize growth and audience opportunities across their O&O channels including email, dotcom, and social.
- Play an analytical role, partnering with research to develop a deeper understanding of how specific acquired content acquires and retains subscribers.
- Partner closely with all teams in Growth Marketing to align content with subscriber acquisition goals.
- Develop a content marketing calendar based on key industry, vertical trends and company initiatives in partnership with Campaign Planning and Editorial.
- Shape existing product marketing materials into compelling content that delivers demand generation, press, events, and other marketing objectives.
- Partner closely with insights and analytics team to understand content performance against growth KPIs and optimize content and marketing strategies.
- Keep the senior team and other stakeholders informed of trends and milestones.
- Bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience; MBA a plus
- 5-7 years' experience developing and driving the strategy of data-driven growth content merchandising strategy for a kids and family audience inclusive of kids developmental strategies and demographics.
- Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics and KPIs for business goals, process improvement projects, and content marketing.
- Experience working in highly cross-functional and matrixed organizations.
- Ability to analyze, interpret data and use insights to inform content merchandising campaigns and make recommendations.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt rapidly in an agile environment with shifting priorities - must be able to drive the strategy for Growth yet balance cross-functional teams' needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
- Strong presentation skills are a must.
- Familiarity with organic and paid media content campaigns.
- Ability to both think strategically and execute tactically.
- Proficient in Microsoft, Google Suite, project management tools (i.e. Monday.com, Asana, box)
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS