Payroll Data Entry SpecialistLocation Burbank, California, United States
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177604BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
HR Services provides payroll, travel and expense, human resources, HRIS, IT and benefits administrative services to the Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Payroll Data Entry Specialist for the HR Services Payroll department. The Payroll Data Entry Specialist is responsible for entry of payroll information into Workbrain Online Time and Attendance (OTA) and Workday Payroll. He/she is highly knowledgeable in the entry of timecards, processing hours to net pay, and auditing of payroll data. This individual will specialize in payroll regulatory compliance across all states in which employees reside by working with the Supervisor, Payroll. He/she will research and respond to payroll inquiries from customers and stakeholders. This individual will support internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external and internal auditors. He/she will participate in special projects when required.
- Conduct payroll activities utilizing Workbrain Online Time and Attendance (OTA) and Workday Payroll including but not limited to:
- Entering and reviewing timecard data in OTA.
- Making adjustment in time entries.
- Calculate Pay.
- Initiate pay runs, monitor and audit payrolls.
- Calculate and enter retroactive pay change.
- Exporting data from OTA for processing in Workday Payroll.
- Research and respond to payroll related inquiries from employees, agencies, and other internal/external parties.
- Support internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external and internal auditors.
- Compile, analyze, and document issues on payroll.
- Review and update training materials on payroll processing and maintain internal policies and procedures in accordance with the law.
- Support the Supervisor, Payroll with other projects and tasks as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- CPP or FPC certification preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Workbrain or other time and attendance program.
- Minimum 1 years of experience with Workday HR/payroll or other SaaS payroll engine preferred.
- Minimum 2 years related experience in payroll operations required.
- Previous experience in working with enterprise HR and payroll systems required.
- Understanding of federal and state regulations related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, and other payroll related matters required.
- Previous experience in a confidential environment strongly preferred.
- Payroll software implementation experience preferred.
- Experience with Workday HR/payroll preferred.
- Experience with systems and processes related to union payroll processing required.
- Experience with computerized time and attendance system required.
- Experience with a large multi-business unit organization is a plus.
- Experience working in a shared services organization is a plus.
- Knowledge of payroll practices, tax laws, and record keeping.
- Knowledge of Windows, Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook required; Microsoft Access preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must have strong writing and communication skills.
- Must be able to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must have excellent attention to details.
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
- Must be a self-starter/team player.
- Must be able to handle a high volume in a fast paced environment.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS