Senior Manager, Publishing Business Analysis- HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California, United States
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 174972BR Apply Now
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries. HBO Max launches in May 2020.
The Product Analysis Team owns the engagement focus specific to publishing and editorial within the HBOMax platform. The Publishing Business Analysis position will coordinate and manage a team of 2 business analysts supporting the Editorial strategies and scheduling. The Publishing Business Analysis position will guide the team of business analysts in measuring engagement against success metrics and helping to identify necessary actions for editorial improvement initiatives.
- Ultimately responsible for providing day-to-day oversight and direction for the business analysts, communicating and carrying out the business analysis engagement objectives
- Glean relevant insights for editorial improvements or campaigns based on regular engagement reports and analysis
- Provide Product Engagement Lead with read outs including insights on editorial engagement based on reports and results across campaigns
- Cultivate strong relationships amongst data managers enabling a strong team environment
- Manage and prioritize workload of business analysts given ad-hoc requests
- Ensure data analytics roadmap includes capabilities and data requests to support their decision-making
- 5+ years of experience in leading individuals and teams focused on analyzing and driving customer engagement or related experience, ideally at an entertainment media company performing significant cross-organizational projects
- Experience communicating a story through executive-level reporting dashboards
- Extensive experience related to data analytics and engagement, preferably in connection with SVOD user experience
- Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD and OTT services as well as deep knowledge of user engagement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and accountable, capable of anticipating the needs of the Product Analysis Lead
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams’ needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently
Nice to Haves
- Passionate about product analysis to drive engagement
- Comfortable with ad-hoc requests and capable of managing team to deliver on prioritized requests
- Able to turn deep analytics into executive-level stories and clear strategies
- Possesses a deep understanding of the video streaming industry as well as the data-driven personalization space
- Ability to derive powerful insights from large data-sets which tie back to key metrics
- Executes against a vision via small, medium, and long-term projects
- Thrives in a team that believes in working fast, accountability, and learning from mistakes
- Comfortable in a small, lean team, that requires you to get in the trenches to drive work forward and have a high output
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS