Senior Product Designer - HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 178419BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process; from brainstorming to final pixel tweaks, testing and launching. You will utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and will own large portions of the experience for our product. You will work closely with a talented team of designers, product managers, engineers, researchers, strategists and writers on large complex projects and innovation concepts that merge the world of entertainment and technology. This role will be focused on developing video player experiences and explore innovative concepts that support current and emerging consumer behavior that challenge industry conventions.
- Deliver thoughtful design artifacts spanning all project phases from concept development and design to production and documentation (e.g., evaluations, task flows, scenarios, information architectures, interaction models, wireframes, low-fidelity prototypes, specs, and guidelines).
- Partner with engineering to translate ideas into interactive and video prototypes spanning across different devices and platforms.
- Develop, present, and advocate for your work, demonstrate user experience thought leadership and domains and knowledge across our multidisciplinary team.
- Collaborate with product managers, researchers, engineers, and content strategists in a face-paced dynamic environment and across distributed teams.
- Use research to inform design and collaborate with team members to understand and interpret stakeholder feedback.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions alongside the product and executive teams.
- Help strike a balance between user goals and business need to craft win-win UX experiences for our clients and our business
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
- Contribute to creating a fun and supportive culture that allows us to make career-defining user experiences.
- Lead and facilitate ideation workshops and to define experience problem statements, hypothesis, and holistic value proposition.
- Convert ambiguity and opportunity into design solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience as a product designer
- Experience leading complex projects for at least 1-2 years
- BA/BS degree in product design, graphic design, design communication, human-computer interaction or similar field.
- A portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design thinking, strong visual, animation and interaction design skills, as well with a holistic view of product experience.
- Experience designing cohesive cross-platform experiences including mobile, connected TV, and web.
- Proven ability to create detailed and comprehensive documentation, wireframes, prototypes, and screen flows.
- Approach problems holistically and create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
- Excellent communication and writing skills: can brainstorm with a group, articulate ideas, and tease out feedback from colleagues.
- The ability to synthesize a lot of information to identify root cause and make informed decisions.
- Experience that shows being a strong problem-solver, thinker and design facilitator.
- Experience with current product design best practices including Agile Development and Lean UX.
- Expertise with industry-standard design tools including Figma, Principle, ProtoPie, Adobe CC and Miro.
- Strong listening, analytical and organizational skills with the ability to communicate and present ideas clearly.
- A love of entertainment experiences, as well as a passion for staying on top of industry trends.
- Experience with front end coding preferable, along with a deep understanding in the relationship of design and software development.
- An energetic, positive, self-starter attitude.
- A willingness to and desire to mentor more junior design colleagues.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS