Sr. Data Engineer - HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California | Los Angeles, California | New York, New York | Seattle, Washington
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 178115BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
As the Senior Data Engineer on the HBO Max Data Insights & Operations team, you will be responsible for developing, constructing, test existing and new architectures. You will play an integral role in identifying ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality. This position will work closely with various divisions including Product, Content and Marketing.
- Strong experience in developing, constructing, testing, and maintaining existing and new architectures.
- Responsible for aligning architecture with business requirements.
- Ability to identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Responsible for preparing data for predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Ability to deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods.
- Conduct research for industry and business questions that come up.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or related field and direct experience in Data / Engineering / Application lifecycle.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in data science engineering, with big data tools like Hadoop and Spark.
- Robust experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redshift/PostGRE, mariaDB, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools like airflow or alternatives.
- In depth experience and knowledge with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, API-Gateway, AWS GLUE, etc.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming, AWS Kinesis, Kinesis Firehose etc.
- Must be experienced with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Preferred experience of 3+ years of minimum experience with Python, Data Warehouse, Linux/Bash scripting development, Software Development Cycle and Data Modeling a must.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS