Sr. Manager, BI Engineering - Content Analytics, HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California | New York, New York | Seattle, Washington
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 180467BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Senior Manager, BI Engineering - Content Analytics will lead our efforts to manage our content portfolio via state of the art advanced analytics for the Content Intelligence team within HBO Max. This team is focused on providing actionable content insight to our business and creative executives across HBOMax.
You are an engineer who not only has a deep understanding of the real-world Advanced Analytics, but demonstrable experience using big data to influence key decision makers across a highly matrixed organization. Ideally, you also have hands-on experience managing quantitative portfolios via analytics (hopefully of content) to discern key questions like: “what genre is the most efficient and why”, “what is the marginal benefit of adding 10 movies to our portfolio vs. 3 Dramas”, etc...
You will work closely with cross-functional partners to ensure that their modelling endpoints and data are properly moved into a semantic layer and production environments, where they can be used by the wider WarnerMedia community to drive programming, content and product business strategies. We are looking for a well-rounded engineer who has exceptional business and communication skills.
- Lead the application and development of quantitative frameworks to understand our vast portfolio of content via big data
- Roll-up your sleeves and contribute while you lead a team of talented content data engineers in the pursuit of determining the ROI of content
- Build aggregate datasets using ETL principles that underlay insights and visualizations; have a strong point of view on data architectures/structures and participate in the creation and support of BI development standards and best practices
- Partner with Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Business Leaders to rapidly experiment and deploy predictive tools and insights for HBOMax
- Foster a shared purpose among team members that enhances the capabilities of the team by building a collaborative learning environment
- Train, mentor and supervise content engineers and analysts on the team
- Lead by example
- Bachelor's degree, MS or greater in quantitative field of study (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, etc.) from a top tier accredited institution
- 3+ years' experience managing a team, including experience building a team from the ground up
- 6+ years of experience in executing and managing complex analytic projects, preferably at a big technology company or financial institution
- Expert working with SQL (clean, fast code is a must)
- Expert working with Snowflake, Redshift, Teradata, Oracle, S3 and/or SQL Server databases
- Expert working in data relationships, structures, modeling, semantic layer and mining
- Robust understanding/experience using Python in data-focused fullstack environments (from data wrangling, to analysis, to visualizations)
- Ability to work with multiple and disparate data sets, sources, formats, etc.
- Must be independent
- Must be curious
- Must work well under time constraints
- Must handle multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Must communicate effectively
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Experience in the digital media and entertainment strongly preferred
- Masters Degree strongly preferred
- Experience with front-end frameworks/languages a plus
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS