Sr. Manager, Marketing (Paid Search) - HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 178563BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
The Sr. Manager, Paid Search is responsible for driving the performance of search engine marketing campaigns for HBO Max. In this role you will use data and key levers to optimize spend and achieve KPI's. You will partner across the organization with data science, marketing analytics and with the marketing technology group to ensure campaign success.
- Deep understanding in Search (SEM & SEO) is a must. Candidate must have an understanding of how search engines operate and has had experience developing campaign strategies from inception to execution.
- Monitor and analyze campaign performance in platforms like Google Ads, Bing Ads, Gemini, Apple Search, and Amazon Search
- Research keywords, analyze their relevance and perform competitive analysis
- Administer bid management tools to accurate pace daily paid search budgets
- Identify and create custom audience groups with 1st party data and website audience lists
- Design, implement and report on A/B tests to drive incremental improvements across all KPIs
- Understand a unified media strategy across email, organic & paid social, SEO, SEM, referral programs, retail product messaging, direct mail and other offline channels
- Analyze data to make recommendations to improve existing campaigns, forecast and develop new strategies that will inform future decisions.
- Partner with the data intelligence team to develop dashboards to measure campaign success.
- Work with insights and research team to design research plans, interpret results and synthesize insights
- Develop and deliver management reporting materials, reports and presentations
- Work closely with retention, engagement, social, editorial and partner marketing teams to ensure alignment of campaigns
- Collaborate with product, development, design, legal and content to articulate product positioning, features and benefits
- Has an understanding of how product features, dotcom strategy & product buy flow has an impact on user acquisition
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing and driving SEM strategy of complex digitally focused acquisition marketing campaigns ideally for a direct-to-consumer product
- At least 2 years mentoring and fostering growth for a diverse team responsible for paid search.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion with proven success creating and sustaining a diverse, open and inclusive culture.
- Extensive experience using any of the following advertising management tools such as: Google AdWords Editor, Bing Ads Editor, Acquisio, Kenshoo, Marin Software, Quantic Minds, SA360 (DoubleClick Search)
- Experience running UAC and/or Apple Search ads to drive app install metrics such as Cost-per-Install (CPI)
- Expert level knowledge and experience with web analytical tools/interfaces (Google Analytics)
- Strong understanding of customer segmentation and how to address different needs of each consumer base
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret data to inform actionable insights of growth marketing campaigns
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills are a must
- Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics and KPIs for business goals, process improvement projects, and campaign management
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS