Staff Machine Learning Engineer - HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California | Los Angeles, California | New York, New York | Seattle, Washington
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 178110BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
As a Staff Machine Learning (ML) Engineer on Personalization & Content Science team, you will design and build ML workflows to fuel analyses and inferences in collaboration with other technology teams in WarnerMedia and possibly AT&T to design and implement end-to-end solutions within a cloud-based analytic infrastructure. The ML based insights will support the HBO Max product management, marketing and content teams understand what makes our customers tick and how to target new ones.
- Collaborate with product owners, data scientists and engineering teams to evaluate effectiveness of deployed ML model.
- Work with data scientists, data engineers and solution analysts to design best-suited, robust and scalable ML endpoints for content discovery, personalization.
- Design and develop robust and scalable experimentation approach for model evaluation.
- Experience in writing production level-code and engage in code reviews.
- Lead machine learning model deployment and production execution.
- Experience of deploying ML models on big data volumes and optimize performance.
- Extensive experience with ML frameworks and expertise with at least one.
- Contribute in research, design, experimentation, development, deployment, monitoring and maintenance of ML model lifecycle.
- Research and implement best practices to enhance existing machine learning infrastructure.
- Design and implement data quality framework on content metadata pipeline
- Maintain and own all workflow documents up to date.
- MS/Ph.D in Computer Science, Information Science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant and hands-on experience in machine learning with track record of processing, enriching and extracting value from large datasets.
- Strong experience in incrementally building big data product and production pipelines to support data and analytic functions.
- Familiar with various data science techniques, hands on experience with ML frameworks, concepts and implement models developed into production environment.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a dynamic, team environment with possible remote organization with minimal documentation and process.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking skills.
- Entertainment or media industry a big plus.
- Knowledge and experience in the following technologies and frameworks is critical:
- Apache Spark, Apache MxNet, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, PyTorch,
- S3, EMR, Sagemaker, Personalize, Lambda, Step functions, Cloud Watch, etc.
- Python, Spark, PySpark, SparkScala, SQL, Hadoop, Scala, Jupyter notebook
- Relational, non-relational databases (Snowflake, DynamoDB) and graph databases
- Content metadata, media supply chain
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS