Strategy & Planning Manager, HBO Max Originals MarketingLocation Burbank, California
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 178227BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
This is an opportunity to be part of a marketing team from the ground-up and shape the marketing team of the future. The Strategy & Planning Manager, HBO Max Originals Marketing will develop breakthrough strategies and integrated campaigns for Max Original series/films, along with overseeing the execution of media, stunts and activations with relevant stakeholders, across all consumer touchpoints. Working closely with team members across creative, social and media, the Strategy & Planning Manager will define communication strategies, key beats, big ideas and the overall strategic framework for our Originals campaigns. They will manage the day-to-day campaign execution across audience definition, consumer research, and cross-functional planning to deliver a thoughtful, coordinated and best-in-class marketing campaign. They will report to the VP, HBO Max Originals Marketing.
- Develop a strategic framework for Max Originals campaigns, informed by data, audience & research insights and fueled by leading digital & social trends with best-in-class execution.
- Work closely with cross-functional team leads across creative, social, PR, media, editorial, international and distribution/partner marketing to ensure campaign strategies ladder-up to broader campaign objectives, has an integrated, coordinated approach, and deliver on key business objectives.
- Key partner in paid media planning, including identifying platforms that align with audience strategies and managing creative and editorial placement strategies and partnership executions.
- Lead the execution of all partnerships and promotions with third-party brands across our distribution pipeline to drive viewership and broaden the reach of the marketing campaign.
- Work with the Events team to manage high-impact marketing activations that drive earned media/buzz.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams - data/analytics, product marketing, media planning, editorial, growth marketing, research, PR, legal, programming, research and other teams to create and manage multiple concurrent campaigns
- Evaluate campaign performance across multiple KPI's with a deep understanding of analytics and how performance metrics inform and adjust strategies, providing actionable recommendations throughout the campaign lifecycle.
- Key contributor to a team culture that breaks the mold, fueled by innovation & creativity in a fast-paced environment, with positive & transparent collaboration.
- 5+ years content marketing experience, driving interest, viewing and engagement for series and/or films
- A sincere love for television, movies and storytelling
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, meet a high bar of quality throughout
- Strong communication, presentation skills and positive team collaboration is a must
- Strategic, qualitative and competitive analysis - including robust media landscape and programming knowledge
- Understanding of the current dynamic entertainment landscape, competitive creative campaigns and consumer trends.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS