VP, Data Engineering - HBO MaxLocation United States - California - Burbank, United States - New York - New York
Business: HBO Max
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177920BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, Crunchyroll, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Vice President, Data Engineering will lead the strategy, design, and execution of the HBO Max data enablement system, including data engineering, data automation, data pipeline and data governance. This position will take a leadership role in modernizing the existing data platform and architecture and will actively manage the ongoing roadmap and prioritization of HBO Max’s core data infrastructure. This is a highly collaborative and visible role that will work across the organization to design and deliver scalable data solutions that enable data science, content, visualization, reporting and marketing.
- Architect and build a robust, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure
- Partner with marketing technology, product analytics, BI teams, data science, and content intelligence & metadata teams to plan and execute a comprehensive end to end enablement system
- Partner across the organization to develop and enhance real-time monitoring and SLA-driven KPIs to ensure data validation to efficiently integrate, curate and optimize data
- Update the existing data stack to incorporate a comprehensive and searchable data catalog which enables self-service data access and data discovery
- Manage and optimize core data infrastructure in partnership with the broader enterprise data team and business stakeholders
- Successfully maintain and enhance real-time streaming and ingestion pipelines.
- Use expertise to identify opportunities to leverage data and provide guidance to colleagues related to capture, analysis and visualization of information
- Develop an overarching data governance framework to successfully manage large amounts of data, ensuring compliance with regulations while maintaining data integrity and accessibility
- Develop engineering best practices, guidelines, procedures, and repeatable and scalable development and operations
- Set priorities, mentor and provide technical direction to a team of engineers and project managers
- Deep experience managing high volume data environments
- Strong people management capability and team leadership experience
- Experience with programming and scripting
- Proficient in data warehousing, dimensional modeling, and data architecture
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience in entertainment or with direct to consumer streaming apps highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to collaborate across the organization
- AWS and Google Cloud platform tools
- Data warehousing tools such as Amazon Redshift, Big Query, and Snowflake
- Data Modeling and System Analysis Data Platforms EMR, Data Bricks, Kubernotes
- Data Integration tools such as SQL, Spark, Scala, Python, Data Bricks, Airflow
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS