Senior Environment ArtistLocation Carlsbad, California | San Diego, California
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 181674BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WBG SD is looking for a Senior Environment Artist to work with the creative director, engineering, design, and art teams to bring their worlds to life. Leverage your technical expertise and passion for high quality art in this exciting ground floor opportunity.
- Create 3D worlds and objects based on concept art and technical requirements
- Coordinate the building and lighting of environments within the game’s engine
- Work with tech artists to establish, follow, and maintain pipelines and technical requirements
- Work closely with vision holders to establish styles and standards
- Execute on pre-defined or self-started initiatives from ideation to completion
- Actively share knowledge within area of expertise and influence related disciplines
- Help build an extended team of talented and motivated environment artists
- Build on a culture of inclusivity and growth through mentoring and career management
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques and reviews
- Minimum 7+ years of experience as an environment artist in game development
- Experience working on current-gen console or PC games (mobile dev experience a plus)
- Strong technical skills with experience implementing assets in Unreal Engine 4
- Expert knowledge of materials creation and environment lighting within UE4
- Experience with Substance Designer/Substance Painter and material workflows
- Relevant 2D and 3D experience – Photoshop, Maya, 3DSMax, ZBrush, Unreal, etc
- Skilled at balancing art quality and performance optimizations
- Strong understanding of composition, materials, color, and lighting
- Ability to digitally sculpt/model & texture with a stylized look is a plus
- Clear, concise and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
- Be a self-motivated team-player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Proven time management skills with the ability to be self-sufficient and execute quickly
- A passion for video games
- Must have portfolio link on resume
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS