Senior Software Engineer, GraphicsLocation Chicago, Illinois
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 177892BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room!
NetherRealm, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior Software Engineer – Graphics to work closely with the KoreTech rendering team on the next generation console graphics vision for the Mortal Kombat™ and Injustice™ franchises
As a Senior Graphics Engineer you will work closely with the Lead Engineer and the rest of your peers to develop state-of-the-art graphics technology for PS5, and XBOX Series X. Your domain will span the entire rendering pipeline and your responsibilities will include optimization, design, and implementation of pivotal new graphics technology.
In addition, as part of our highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of engineering systems across the entire codebase. Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project. This job will require close collaboration with the Lead Engineer on issues of technical design and the Senior Tech Artists as appropriate during implementation and roll-out of new features.
- Design, author, maintain and document robust and highly optimized systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements.
- Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of your systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects.
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture.
- Collaborate with Lead Engineer, Technical Art and Game Engineers to identify systems in need of optimization or replacement and on proposals of exciting new graphics technologies.
- Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies.
- Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems.
- B.S. degree in CS/EE/Math/Physics or equivalent.
- 5+ years professional C/C++ programming.
- Experience working with current graphics algorithms and hardware.
- Designed, implemented, optimized, and maintained rendering systems for a published game (preferred).
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading and low-level optimizations.
- Experience writing shaders (preferred).
- Experience with image filtering techniques (preferred).
- Experience developing for either Xbox1 or PS4 (preferably both).
- Worked on multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship (preferred).
- Proven ability to rapidly prototype new graphics techniques and turn these prototypes into robust, maintainable, shippable systems.
- Understanding of modern rendering topics and GPU architectures.
- Experience collaborating with content creators and engineers to accomplish difficult tasks.
- Experience with D3D12 and SM6.x (preferred).
- Knowledge of 3D math (preferred).
- Ability to easily communicate technical topics with engineers and non-technical people.
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers.
- Understanding of the game development process and workflows of various disciplines.
- Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills.
- Ability to work well in a team development environment with strong communication skills.
- Strong desire to build industry-leading technology and ship the highest quality AAA games.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS