Senior Category Manager Toys & Publishing (f/m/d)Location Hamburg, Hamburg
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179063BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
We are looking for a Senior Category Manager to drive the overall WBCP Toys and Publishing business in Germany, Austria and Switzerland (GAS); with powerful commercial, retail, marketing, strategy and leadership skills.
The Senior Category Manager is responsible for managing the Toys and Publishing category including full P&L ownership for revenue targets and developing business strategies to drive the long-term growth of the categories in the GAS Market. This includes working in partnership (category managing) with global / regional partners, as well as identifying and recruiting new partners where required.
The position will also establish maintain and develop relationships with relevant Toy retail buyers – in collaboration with the WB GAS Retail team across all key retail accounts.
- Manage relationships at a local level with all Global and EMEA based partners who operate within the GAS business; ensuring best in class account management is deployed – enabling the GAS business areas to thrive and drive growth in line with the GAS market performance.
- Recruit new and appropriate licensees for all assigned categories – in alignment with the global category and franchise strategy; including undertaking all required contract negotiations & processing, whilst also ensuring that current licensee base (partners) are supported and serviced to their satisfaction.
- Deliver best-in-class category and promotions management, to include but not limited to; range planning, data analysis, packaging and POS
Manage the relationship with external data providers, ensuring we are sourcing the right data to drive growth. Furthermore, translating this data into meaningful fact based selling tools – which will drive and challenge where necessary, partner forecasts and market performances for these category areas.
- Formulate recommendations for WB entrance into new and relevant Toy and Publishing categories to accelerate total portfolio growth
- Setting of budget targets and preparing reforecasts for category area at a local level – both for Global / Regional partners, alongside any relevant local partners
- Develop all-encompassing GAS Toy and Publishing category plans ensuring; strategic alignment to franchise & global / regional category priorities
- Support and drive within your category, the initiatives from WBE Germany, Germany Franchise Management and GAS Retail team. Employ strategies to support local country initiatives on your categories as agreed with direct report.
- Develop expertise and knowledge in assigned categories to high level, covering competitors and industry developments. Conduct and prepare report on quarterly observations – feeding into the global operating model to ensure efficiencies and potential are shared and maximised across the global consumer products network.
- Ensure that all products/campaigns submitted for approval by licensees and advertising agency partners are on strategy and add maximum value to the franchise.
- Employ strategies to support local country initiatives as agreed with direct report.
- Proven experience within the GAS retail market at head office level is essential with a clear understanding of buying and product development processes.
- Buying experience gained from a GAS retailer – within Toys
- National Account Sales Management – gained from a Toy licensee
- Strong toy and publishing knowledge with product development or buying experience is a must for this position.
- Experience of how character & licensing works at retail would be beneficial; specifically within Toys; or General Merchandise.
- A strong communicator able to influence people at all levels within organisations.
- Passion & knowledge need to be combined to engage and maximise the potential of these interactions.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Able to develop plans and strategies and to follow them.
- A methodical approach and attention to detail are also important.
- Proven ability to analyse data and develop actionable recommendations
- Able to function on a self-sufficient basis in Salesforce, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
What’s on offer:
This role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks. The position will require regular travel to effectively manage & provide an excellent service to all partners.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve.
See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia here.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS