Content Insights & Delivery AnalystLocation Hong Kong - Hong Kong
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 175385BR Apply Now
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in seven different languages across all major TV, digital and mobile platforms reaching more than 450 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America and has a US presence. CNN Digital is a leading network for online news, mobile news and social media. CNN is at the forefront of digital innovation and continues to invest heavily in expanding its digital global footprint, with a suite of award-winning digital properties and a range of strategic content partnerships, commercialised through a strong data-driven understanding of audience behaviours. Over the years CNN has won multiple prestigious awards around the world for its journalism. In addition, around 1,000 hours of long-form series, documentaries and specials are produced every year by CNNI’s non-news programming division, CNN Vision. CNN has 39 editorial offices and more than 1,100 affiliates worldwide through CNN Newsource.
CNN International is part of Turner, a company.
Campaign Strategy and Delivery Analyst
The Campaign Strategy and Delivery Analyst is an important new role at CNN. This position will drive our effort to put CNN’s audience at the forefront of our storytelling, analysing content performance to provide content creators with data that informs their approach stories and the topics they cover.
Also, this person will find efficiencies and process that enable us to meet sponsorship KPIs and the wider CNN audience growth targets.
This role is suited to someone with an analytical brain who can turn data into content strategies.
What part will you play?
Reporting into the Campaign Strategy and Delivery Manager, the role is a data-focused position that analyses content performance in real-time to meet the growing demands of CNN’s sponsorship portfolio. They will create and manage KPI documents that will be presented during team meetings to review the campaign pacing and inform the content commissioning process.
You will have some experience in working with analytics suites like Abobe Omniture, Chartbeat and Domo, as well as Google Analytics and a range of social tracking tools. These tools will be used to drive and ultimately increase revenue, but also with a focus on ensuring that the sponsorship team is contributing to CNN’s wider audience growth targets.
This role will monitor social and search trends to highlight opportunities to commission content around themes covered by the Editorial Sponsorship team – including sustainability, business, travel, style, sport or regionally focused news.
Working closely with our Commercial Insights and Digital Analysts to improve our tools and the range of reports and data. They will be vital in creating a culture that embraces data and the role it can play in helping CNN understand more about its global audience.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to use audience research and metrics to optimize audience development plans. Ability to plan, measure and report on program successes through targeted KPIs.
- Deep understanding of digital audience channels such as SEO, Social Media, Newsletters, Mobile Alerts and other news and entertainment digital outlets and their respective metrics.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
- Understanding of SEO best practices to assist editorial and programming teams with site and campaign optimisation.
- Basic understanding of A/B and Multivariate testing and personalization campaigns, ideally with Optimizely.
- Creating and testing hypotheses based on insights from audience targeting and analyses, both on owned platforms as well as in Social Media networks, particularly Facebook and YouTube.
- Basic knowledge of digital media technologies, particularly a good understanding of capabilities and limitations.
- Strong working knowledge of analytics platforms and BI tools such as Adobe/Omniture, Chartbeat, Tableau, and SimilarWeb.
- Communication, presentation and organizational skills and ability to collaborate and work well with others.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Marketing, Journalism or a related discipline.
- Experience working in a global editorial organisation.
- Understanding of Real-Time-Bidding and Programmatic media landscape.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS