Rights & Clearance ManagerLocation Hong Kong, Central and Western District | Los Angeles, California
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 179527BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
- Acquiring third party content (video, photos, audio, etc.) for all CNN networks and platforms worldwide. Negotiates, reviews, and drafts related license agreements and other content agreements.
- At the direction of CNN media attorneys, the manager assesses risk and records approvals of fair use requests.
- Co-manages internal database to administer, track and file acquired rights, fair use material, license agreements and invoices. Maintains and updates the internal site on a daily basis for all licensed third party material in order to inform all CNN platforms of permissible uses, rights and restrictions.
- Files, tracks and codes all license agreements and invoices and coordinates payment with CNN accounting/TPAS.
- Must be willing to be available to be on call on the weekends and company holidays on a rotating basis with other Rights and Clearances Managers in order to accommodate the 24/7 news cycle.
What do we need from you?
- Degree from an accredited college/university preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar position/function.
- Prior experience working within a news organization preferred.
- Familiarity with CNN processes, practices, and systems a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills, able to handle pressure situations.
- Detail oriented & ability to meet deadlines
- Effective spoken and written communication skills in English & another language
- Self-starter and team player
- Eye for punctuation according to company compliance is crucial.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS