Technical ArtistLocation Kirkland, Washington
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 178384BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.<br>That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking to expand its Technical Art group with a Technical Artist. Come join the award winning team at Monolith in creating brand new characters with our proprietary Firebird Engine technology. This role is focused on pipeline, content construction and best practices for modern character creation, including modeling, animation, and surfacing along with other game focused pipelines. The Technical Artist would work with the technical directors and the content leads to help build the infrastructure to create the next generation of character models.
- Working with the Character team (animation, character art, presentation) to support current workflows, in both proprietary and 3rd party tools.
- Working with the tools and Pipeline time to identify and implement new and refined workflows for the character team.
- Generate in game content.
- 3+ years’ experience in the industry.
- Shipped multiple game titles as a technical artist.
- Possesses knowledge of art composition principles such as color theory, layout, architecture, anatomy, physiology, perspective, proportion, form, lighting, texture, etc.
- Strong understanding of the content creation pipeline from design to implementation into the game engine. In depth understanding of modern character workflows, including skinning, topology, real-time skeletons and animations, along with modern character construction. Able to break down complex problems and provide standards and guidelines for team members.
- Can apply years of industry expertise in creating complex technical and/or visual game content and systems which respect game performance and engine integration constraints. Expert with character asset management, content optimization, and performance metrics. Comfortable with scripting to streamline processes or create new systems (e.g. facial animation) for the game. Works effectively across disciplines to analyze and solve the most complex and broad-reaching issues for the studio.
- Experience with researching, prototyping and creating new shaders, systems, pipelines, etc. Uses expert knowledge to assess feasibility, schedule, performance, etc. of new tools and systems. Establishes standards and develops effective integration plans with other disciplines or groups. Able to identify, implement and industry best practices around technical character content.
- Can create technical and functional specifications.
- Able to carry out complex tasks and produce work with a high level of quality and efficiency with minimal oversight.
- Has experience with with all relevant art and animation software suites. Demonstrates unsurpassed understanding of the mechanics of the art and animation software used in the studio and the relationship between the software and the engine.
- Is proficient with multiple scripting and coding languages. Experience with creating highly complex systems to improve art and animation pipelines. Maintains an unparalleled understanding of existing proprietary software and tools through examination and analysis.
- Ability to establish project taxonomy, file formats, naming conventions and source control parameters.
- Portfolio/website/sample code demonstrating your technical skills.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS