Retail Operations DirectorLocation Leavesden Green, England
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 178166BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
The goal of this job is to maximise sales and profit performance of Retail at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, and shops across the Platform 9¾ Group. This will be achieved through engaging the team to excel at customer service, demand the highest standards, implement effective processes across complex sites and to manage and execute promotional plans throughout the year.The successful post holder will deliver an effective strategy for shop and business operations (including merchandise replenishment and e-commerce operations) and work with other retailers in the group to maximise opportunities through shared best practices.
- Ensuring sales targets are achieved by fully maximising all opportunities
- Effective commercial management planned for each location, developing sales forecasts, positive solutions, and documented action plans to maximise profit (including e-commerce operations).
- Lead and motivate managers to achieve the highest possible levels of service and sales performance in each location.
- Maximise margins on new and existing lines through range management, cost management and proposed adjustments to retail prices.
- Analyse and interpret commercial data and feedback information on product performance on merchandise lines, across each shop and the wider businesses.
- Managing the content and frequency of staff training strategically, to ensure the team is fully equipped to care for visitor needs.
- Develop procedures to support each business, monitoring and reviewing results, and evolve processes accordingly.
- Monitor stock levels held in shops and retail areas, identify potential out-of-stock issues, and proactively manage issues by engaging with
- Build and maintain relationships with the UK, EMEA and Global WB Consumer Products teams, to exploit opportunities with licensed market products and licensees.
- Support the retail team in providing effective after-sales service, ensuring ongoing customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Management experience in a similar retail environment (or the tourism, leisure or heritage industry).
- Experience of having worked in an environment where high emphasis is placed on service, product presentation and commercial management.
- Delivered sales in a fun environment with experiences at the heart of every visit.
- Demonstrate people management including employee relations.
- Working with Point of Sales systems and Stock Management systems.
- Highest levels of customer service.
- Develops and motivates individuals & teams to achieve goals.
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to increase sales.
- Ability to analyse and respond to sales data.
- Problem-solving and decision-making across all areas daily.
- Communicates in a timely & effective manner to enhance store operations.
- Engages effectively with customers & staff.
- IT literate.
- Well organized and focused.
- Able to prioritise workload and manage change in an environment that never stands still.
- Work as part of a team with a flexible and caring approach.
The Nice to Haves
- Educated to degree level (or to a minimum of ‘A’ level standard or equivalent qualification with extensive vocational experience).
- Full use of Microsoft Office Suite would be advantageous.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve. See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia https://www.warnermediagroup.com/diversity
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS