Finance Manager - 12 month FTCLocation London, England
Position Type: TemporaryJob ID 179015BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
You will focus on all reporting requirements, primarily monthly management reporting, forecast submission, budget maintenance and support various VPs across the commercial business with their financial decision making. In addition, this role is a key liaison between Finance and other teams across the business such as Tax, IT, and operations, amongst others.
The role is an excellent opportunity to gain a wide range of experiences and is not constrained by the key duties and responsibilities listed below.
- Ensuring preparation of accurate and timely forecasts and related deliverables, including variance analyses.
- Communicate financial results to VPs and other senior stakeholders – manage risks and opportunities across the business and provide analysis and insights to help make commercial decisions.
- Oversee the accounting for actual results of CNNIC ensuring all month-end, quarter-end and year-end deadlines are met and that reporting is in line with US & local GAA with support of two junior team members.
- Act as day to day liaison and collaborate with Finance Business Partners to ensure business requirements are met; liaise with US global accounting team to address issues on behalf of the business.
- Play a key role in the assessment and implementation of process efficiencies, as well as improved reporting where possible.
- Ensure the integrity of data is maintained, through adherence to company accounting policies and SOX requirements.
- Provide support to junior team members, helping the team to problem solve technical, systematic and accounting issues.
- Working closely with the Senior Finance Manager to create a strong team ethic and culture.
- Qualified Accountant – CIMA, ACA or ACCA
- Experience with revenue and expense forecasting
- Demonstrable experience of strategic thinking
- Experience working with high volumes of data
- Proficient in producing high quality reporting documents
- Experience with business process improvement, drive for finding efficiencies and effective communication to senior stakeholders
- Experience of multi-site and multi-currency reporting (FX)
- Highly computer literate including Excel, PeopleSoft and Hyperion
- Proven managerial or supervisor experience
- Media background
The Nice to Haves:
- Modelling experience
- Experience working in a global company
What’s on offer:
This role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and company bonus. We’ll also give you 40 hours per year for you to use for volunteering or charitable work.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve.
See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia here.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS