Licensing Executive DTR (FTC)Location London, England
Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Position Type: Fixed TermJob ID 181962BR Apply Now
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. Consumer Products extends the Studio’s powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans. We partner with best-in-class Licensees and Retailers across many product categories including Fashion, Toys, Home, Publishing, Food & Drinks and General Merchandise.
The Warner Bros. library of IP includes properties such as DC Comics, J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World, Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera, as well as the Cartoon Network and HBO brands such as Ben 10 and Game of Thrones.
The UK Consumer Products Team is focused on delivering results through strategic partnerships that deliver best in class product and retail executions for fans young and old.
Reporting in to the Senior DTR Manager the successful candidate with be responsible for supporting all aspects of work across one of Warner Media’s key “Direct To Retail” partnerships. The role requires excellent commination and interpersonal skills. The role also requires commercial judgement and a solid understating and interest in categories including Fashion, Home, Gift and Health & Beauty. The role will be required to support the Senior Manager on strategic planning and delivering against financial objectives.
The candidate will also be required to work closely with other key stakeholders within the business including: Franchise, Creative Services, Retail, Legal, PR. Ability to work smartly and calmly in a fast-paced environment is essential for this role. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in either brand licensing or retail buying and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must have a strong interest in product, design, and fashion trends. Key skills required include financial and budget planning, business development skills, sales, social media savvy, creative thinker as well as a confident self-starter.
- Attending internal and external meetings where relevant and support any prep or meeting facilitation that may be required.
- Support the category team with building and updating when required licensee and retailer pitch decks.
- Conduct regular comp shops across all key categories including: Fashion, Home, Gift, FMCG, Toy and be able to report and communicate back findings.
- Where required support on any creative or marketing approvals that require submitting.
- Provide administrative support; for example, updating contact lists, trackers, and data bases.
- Gathering market insights and sharing relevant ideas and sales opportunities with the wider Teams
- Analyse social media content to understand opportunities and trends that will benefit product creation and promotion to fans and consumers of our brands.
- Working with specific buying teams you will be required to work with creative briefs, provide Franchise updates (inc data and insights), creative shares, campaign updates, and track new range launches.
- Provide internal performance reviews with key stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – confident working and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Clear communication – clear and concise verbal and written communication, ensuring your line manager and the wider team are kept informed.
- Strong attention to detail - can consistently produce work of a high standard.
- Flexibility – ability to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment
- Strong time management skills – can deal with numerous projects simultaneously whilst working to deadlines.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook)
- Well organised with the ability to plan and prioritise workload effectively.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS