Row EditorLocation United Kingdom - London
Position Type: Full TimeJob ID 178007BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
CNN's portfolio of news and information services is available in seven different languages across all major TV, digital, and mobile platforms reaching more than 475 million households globally. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, APAC, and Latin America and has a US presence, which includes CNNgo. CNN Digital is a leading network for online news, mobile news, and social media. Around 1,000 hours of long-form series, documentaries, and specials are produced every year by CNNI's non-news programming division. CNN International is part of WarnerMedia.
What part will you play?
- Working on the front line of CNN’s editorial quality control.
- Newsgroup-wide script and story approval, including but not limited to TV packages, investigative pieces, documentaries, digital writes, and videos.
- Working closely with reporters, editors, producers, and writers to ensure reporting meets high standards of story-telling, clarity, accuracy, quality, fairness, and balance while avoiding problems of libel, defamation, and use infringement.
- Working with CNN bureaus, the International Desk, National Content Center and Affiliate Content Center to clear reportable information for all platforms.
- Row editorial liaison with Legal & Standards; flagging S&P issues and potential legal issues to the Row’s colleagues in the Triad.
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive journalism experience
- Experience with and a proven career path in both TV and Print journalism
- Solid reporting/field producing/copy editing experience
- Full knowledge and understanding of ethics in journalism, Ofcom, libel, fair use, and other legal issues.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or qualification.
- Detailed knowledge of historical key stories across EMEA with a specific focus on Russia and Afghanistan
- Multi – territory experience.
- Experience of managing on-air talent and proactively identifying new talent pipelines
What’s on offer:
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve.
See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia here.
Posting Date: 26th June 2020
Closing Date: 24th July 2020
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS